A few confusing fender tag codes, V88, V9X - 1974 dart sport 360

-

4mulas

Fixem'up
Reaction score
So, I have a me a 74 dart sport 360 and am trying figure out what stripe(s) its supposed to have. The car is factory white EW1 with the small vinyl top V4X
It’s also equipped with a J54 Performance hood and V21 Performance hood treatment which is kinda cool

Where I get a little confused is that the fender tag says V88 and also V9X. Iv’e always assumed that V88 is stripe delete down the side but then I see V9X and am wondering isn’t this also transverse (down the length of the car) stripe

recap
EW1
V4X
J54
V21
V88
V9X

what’s the V9X?

V88 refers to the delete of all side and tail stripes.

V9X is the hood tape stripe (black in this case) for the J54 hood and snorkle scoop.

V21 and V9X would go together, so it makes sense.

From an original paint and stripe car that I have, the hood stripe is a one piece vinyl decal (a big billboard one), the nose decal is all vinyl, and the cowl has flat black paint in the cowl area with pinstripes on the ends to continue the hood treatment look.

I would love to see pics of the car!

Last edited:

V9X is the hood tape stripe (black in this case) for the J54 hood and snorkle scoop.

I should have known that . I had a 73 340 4sp Dart Sport with the hood scoopand triple stripes.

V21 and V9X would go together, so it makes sense.

From an original paint and stripe car that I have, the hood stripe is a one piece vinyl decal (a big billboard one), the nose decal is all vinyl, and the cowl has flat black paint in the cowl area with pinstripes on the ends to continue the hood treatment look.

I would love to see pics of the car!

I would to see it too! In white anyway!! It’s currently purple as it was when I bought it (see attached photos wearing a couple different sets of ‘shoes’).
If I ever painted the car it would definitely go back to white as I think that would be striking…

215BD435-ED1F-446E-A732-E0D1024D07A2.jpeg

3034B38B-7C49-456B-B31E-86ECCEE907D1.jpeg

-
Back