A Former Cuda owner.....and a newbie to the site

-

1968Barracuda

Reaction score
Just wanted to introduce myself:

My name is Chuck and I live in Central NJ. I recently sold my 1968 barracuda which I purchased back in 1983 and kept until last year. I guess that makes me an enthusiast..... I hope that I'm still welcomed here....

I had to let her go to dedicate all of my time to my business. I regret doing so, but I hope that at some time in the future, I'll be able to find a nice rust free 68 fastback to bring home.......in the future that is. Maybe this year at Carlisle.
See ya at Carlisle PA and I hope it's not real hot this year!

Welcome Chuck! I am looking for my next A bodie also.
Hang out here and we may find our next A bodie here.
Here is my 63 I let get away to help get my new house built

63g resized.jpg

Thanks Mike

I thought by being honest about letting my cuda go, that I would be starting off on the right foot here. I guess I was wrong.

Appreciate the welcome....

Are you still looking for pre-67 cuda parts? I know a junkyard which used to have quite a few of those in there in PA.... Haven't been there in a while, but the next time I'm out there I'd post some pix of what they had left.

They seem to be even more rare than the Gen 2 Cuda's.

EDIT: I wish I knew about this site prior to letting it go. I would have put more effort into finding a home for it until I could put the time / money into restoring the car. I was just worried that with the salt air here, that I'd be doing more damage by not selling it....

Barracuda 2006 026.jpg

Welcome Chuck!
You'll find another car one day. I had a 68 Charger that was nice but a gal flat ran a stop sign and t-boned it and I let the insurance company have it for $15,500. I was so upset about what had happened that I just gave up on any kind of muscle car and felt bad when I saw one go by down the road. But I started looking last year and found a 67 Fastback so I feel better now. I will be going to the shows this summer.

mullinax95 said:
Welcome Chuck!
You'll find another car one day. I had a 68 Charger that was nice but a gal flat ran a stop sign and t-boned it and I let the insurance company have it for $15,500. I was so upset about what had happened that I just gave up on any kind of muscle car and felt bad when I saw one go by down the road. But I started looking last year and found a 67 Fastback so I feel better now. I will be going to the shows this summer.

The Green Cuda is your new toy..... Did you pick the color or was it done that way when you bought it?

Looks really clean.... I love the 67-69 body style the best.... Ever since I was 6-7 years old when my brother had a 68 383 in b-5 blue.... He was on a steel bridge when a woman hit him head on and wiped out the car.....

When I was 16 I bought the blue one in my profile... That pic is from 85-86 after I restored it..... I was driving it to school (college) when I hit someone from behind at an on-ramp..... Never do that again....

I kept it as long as I could, but my wife lost her job and I couldn't invest any more money into preventing it from rusting away....I have a small contracting business and I didn't have any room for storing it inside, so I sold it. I think about the car every day..... I can't explain it.... It was just part of me..

Barracuda 2006 009.jpg

Barracuda 2006 010.jpg

summer 06 011.jpg

Barracuda 2006 017.jpg

Barracuda 2006 006.jpg

Since I'm new here.... I have a question.

This thread:http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/announcement.php?f=48

Basically states that we can't post anything copyrighted....

If you find pix on other websites, are they considered copyrighted as well? Say on the auction websites?

Just don't want to make any mistakes here......and get thrown off as soon as I started posting....

Welcome Chuck. The thing with copy righted material started with some one posting a Mopar Muscle article. Pictures should be fine as long as they dont come from a Mopar Mag. LOL

1968Barracuda said:
The Green Cuda is your new toy..... Did you pick the color or was it done that way when you bought it?

Looks really clean.... I love the 67-69 body style the best.... Ever since I was 6-7 years old when my brother had a 68 383 in b-5 blue.... He was on a steel bridge when a woman hit him head on and wiped out the car.....

When I was 16 I bought the blue one in my profile... That pic is from 85-86 after I restored it..... I was driving it to school (college) when I hit someone from behind at an on-ramp..... Never do that again....

I kept it as long as I could, but my wife lost her job and I couldn't invest any more money into preventing it from rusting away....I have a small contracting business and I didn't have any room for storing it inside, so I sold it. I think about the car every day..... I can't explain it.... It was just part of me..

Thanks.

When I bought the car it was already painted green.

I hate it when a nice car gets wrecked especially if it's my own.

You have to do what you have to do sometimes. Keep your chin up and one day you'll have another Mopar. I did.

Welcome , once you`re a Mopar fan you`re always a Mopar fan! Good luck in finding something to take home from Carlisle.

Welcome aboard. Sometimes selling the ride is the biggest mistake one can make and sometimes it's just a good thing for it to go. Hopefully into more capable hands with deep pockets to splurge.

Reguardless, welcome aboard. A car not is not needed here.

-
Back