a funny thing my car does lol

-

kikgas01

Reaction score
I noticed last night doing a light check that my left light was out. After a hr I figured out that with the key off and the blinker on, it don`t work. Turn the blinker off boom works perfect. With the key on everything works fine as well. Weird huh?

I noticed last night doing a light check that my left light was out. After a hr I figured out that with the key off and the blinker on, it don`t work. Turn the blinker off boom works perfect. With the key on everything works fine as well. Weird huh?

Change the bulb, it should work then.

The bulb is fine. With the key on, all lights work. With the key off and the blinker on to the left, the left brake light don`t work. Turn on the right, the right side don`t work. It`s only the brake lights and when the key is off. However with the key off, the left signal on, the taillights and 4 ways work. Just a weird little thing lol.

That is strange......if I understand it correctly LOL
Sounds like maybe a grounding issue, they'll cause headaches !

Like Rosco would say, Thats my 50% of your 50% of my 50%.:thumblef:

The bulb is fine. With the key on, all lights work. With the key off and the blinker on to the left, the left brake light don`t work. Turn on the right, the right side don`t work. It`s only the brake lights and when the key is off. However with the key off, the left signal on, the taillights and 4 ways work. Just a weird little thing lol.
That sounds like the way it's supposed to be. The turn signals are not supposed to work with the key off but the brake lights, emergency flasher and headlights/taillights should still work. The turn signal switch cancels out one brake light when it's turned on so that the light will flash on the selected side. It will do that whether the switch is on or not....it's a mechanical connection in the switch....so if the key is off (no turn signal power) and the turn signal lever is turned to one side, it will still kill one brake light (which does work with the key off) Of course, the question that begs to be answered is, why are you stopping and signalling turns with the key off?? :?:

I was checking all of my lights last night as we are taking it on a small trip tomorrow and it was sat the better of 20 years. Anyway, I hit the brakes. The pass side was out. Changed the bulb, still out. Then I discovered that my signal was on, so I shut it off and they both worked. The key was in the off position.

Well that is why I was stopping and signalling with the key off LOL.

-
Back