A Good Article About The Drawbacks Of Electric Vehicles

-
The Tesla I rode in parked itself into a fairly tight spot. You needn't look away from your smartphone for even a moment.

I haven't read all the replies, but imagine the problem for Australia, unique in the world. A vast country, nearly 3m square miles in area including deserts & inhospitable areas, but only 25m in people to pay for nation wide charging stations.

'Grow a dope, give birth to an EV advocate...'

Yeah, when people start out running the law, they'll change their mind on that deal.

upload_2022-3-16_9-40-43.png

upload_2022-3-16_9-41-7.png

Electric cars most likely have a net-negative impact on the environment too. The story about them being clean & green needs to be openly discussed. Since they use lithium batteries the production and disposal of those is problematic. Mining lithium requires heavy machinery that emits carbon dioxide. It requires about 500,000 gallons of water, which is evaporated, to produce one metric ton of lithium. Trees and farm ground are removed to create lithium mines and dangerous by-products are released. The true story needs to be openly reviewed and presented.

Article was written in 2019. Some of the reasons listed made me laugh.

It wasn't written recently. I thought some of the reasons listed were funny.
Like repeating the same post, only worded differently? THAT's some funny right there.......

Even with all the advancements in technology we are still decades away from electric vehicles being practical and even then not on a large scale.

Alan

But wait-these show just how advanced we have become. Every life or death vehicle is electric! There never was electric vehicles until Musk! Even all the NASA rockets are electric! All Union Electric trucks are electric-we have certainly came so far!!!

Wow! I’ve done some really sketchy things in my life, but never even dreamed of that!

From the article;
The federal government recently approved a plan that will provide money to build EV charging stations every 50 miles along major highways and interstates.

From me;
Oh? So I have to subsidize more people in their bad decisions? Bullshit.

-
Back