A Good Article About The Drawbacks Of Electric Vehicles

-
Kitty and I actually saw our first electric car today in fact in north Macon when I went for a doctor's appointment. It was a Tesla. Never seen an EV on the road until today.

I see them a lot but I drive roughly 800 miles a week for work.

The bigger Tesla model is a nice looking car.
It was the bigger one. I looked at the car in front of us at a traffic light and said to Kitty, "look a cat nose, it's a Tesla". It was a nice looking car.

Just on the news tonight, evidently there is "some law" demanding cops change to 'lectric cars. The Spokane PD is not happy with their Teslas, "too small" and not enough charging stations. They were ALREADY running some hybrid thing that was "not good enough."

Shows you how much I pay attention to EV's. Lol
Elon said in an interview it was supposed to be a cross section of an electric motor. Then someone said it looked like a cat nose and he actually admitted that's what it was. lol

Just on the news tonight, evidently there is "some law" demanding cops change to 'lectric cars. The Spokane PD is not happy with their Teslas, "too small" and not enough charging stations. They were ALREADY running some hybrid thing that was "not good enough."
Yeah, when people start out running the law, they'll change their mind on that deal.

A guy who lives here part time and in Indiana part time because he has a business in both places had a Tesla S. He wanted to see how it was for a road trip so he drove it from there to here. He put it on one of his trucks that normally hauls motors to get it back to Indiana. He said it was not a pleasant experience. The article lightly mentions tire life. He usually drove Cadillacs and traded them off around 60,000 miles as the tires came due for replacement. The Tesla used up it's tires in 24,000 miles and he was very dissapointed but he put on another set and as they were getting close to the next 24,000 miles and about worn out he got rid of the car. Bought a Cadillac. He says he thought an electric car would be a good statement for him since his business is electric motor and apparatus repair but discovered that wasn't the case.

Last edited:
I have MANY expensive cordless tools, they perform wonderfully, IF You have a back-up battery or two to swap out on the spot. HOWEVER, I just put a water pump on a Friend's LS powered Silverado outside at 35degF, & the Mac/DeWalt 3/8" gun barely finished the job on a fully charged batt. That's sharing duties on that job w/a Matco 1/4" gun. Both almost killed them completely on a relatively easy job, and that goes the same for the mower & 16" chainsaw, the battery output/life is easily cut almost in half when the temps plunge.
Let the clueless electro-fan boys start cooing & wooing their goo while coming to the futile aid of this horrible idea, repeating the hypnosis induced chant.....it's the future...it's the future.....

Plenty of Teslas on the road here. I see them daily. Lots of hybrid cars as well.

Kitty and I actually saw our first electric car today in fact in north Macon when I went for a doctor's appointment. It was a Tesla. Never seen an EV on the road until today.
Rode in the 3 secs to 60 one. My boss wouldn't let me drive lol. It's stupid how fast that ugly thing was.

Some things look good on paper, but get into reality, it's another story. Ev's will probably be viable in the end of my lifetime, but regardless of the push now, they're not logical. It'll require charging stations at nearly every parking spot. That's a far cry from a small gas station in every town to satisfy the fueling demands.

Oh, and before I knew what Teslas were, I pulled up beside one and thought I'd give a go in my 5.9 ZJ. One of the dumber, more embarrassing things I've done in awhile. :)

Plenty of Teslas on the road here. I see them daily. Lots of hybrid cars as well.
Hybrids are different, they aren't dependent on charging stations, and I support that platform. It does not require any changes or vast expansions of electrical grid & generation, nor do they leave You at the mercy of the batteries and charging durations, You still have FREEDOM with a hybrid.

Hybrids are different, they aren't dependent on charging stations, and I support that platform. It does not require any changes or vast expansions of electrical grid & generation, nor do they leave You at the mercy of the batteries and charging durations, You still have FREEDOM with a hybrid.
I drive a bunch of them at work. It is always weird starting a car that doesn't start and it just magically rolls into the paint booth. I can't get used to no engine sound.

I drive a bunch of them at work. It is always weird starting a car that doesn't start and it just magically rolls into the paint booth. I can't get used to no engine sound.
That's OK, now they pump fake engine noises thru' the sound system, even on units with real ICE propulsion....lol!!!

I see quite a few Tesla's and some Mach E's around here. There not the the norm but there catching on.
Good luck trying to get one now.

Saw a load of these a few days ago. Not bad looking in a weird sort of way. R1T - Rivian
upload_2022-3-12_9-18-56.png

Lots of them around here of every kind. Mostly look like a toy for folks with too much money….

Last edited:
-
Back