A good deal??

-

slantysix

SlantySix
Reaction score
Trade a pair of 77 360 police car heads and 69 8 3/4 from 69 dart 741 case sure grip small bolt axles and no brake stuff or shock plates for 74 /6 running with tranny, rad (needs record) and complete 74 small bolt 7 1/4 rear with brakes and $100. Who's getting a better deal??? Are mopar 8 3/4 getting that hard to find??

I'd say whoever is getting the heads and 8.75 is getting the better deal.

I'd say whoever is getting the heads and 8.75 is getting the better deal.

X2

A rad that needs recored, unless you are into numbers, is junk when you consider that you can buy a brand new aluminum one for less than what it will cost to have that one recored. And not to offend any of our /6 members, but I see /6's for free all the time on craigslist. I see the same thing with 7 1/4's. 67-69 B-body 8 3/4's aren't that hard to find, that is why I put under my 75 Dart Sport years ago. Axles are easily still available without having to go high dollar and with the correct offset wheels you have spent a lot less than getting an A-body one w/ aftermarket axles. However, an A-body 8 3/4 will bring a pretty penny anywhere even w/ a 741 case center section.

Yup.Any A body 8 3/4 is a rare find these days.I think the hi perf cars got them for sure. For some odd reason my 318 Dart got one.

Dont let it go that cheap.

Yup.Any A body 8 3/4 is a rare find these days.I think the hi perf cars got them for sure. For some odd reason my 318 Dart got one.

Dont let it go that cheap.

Few years back I parted out a 71 Valiant 4 door slant 6, 904 with K-H brakes and an 8.75 with a 3.23 S.G. Guy I got it from (original owner) wanted heavy duty parts for occasional towing but decent economy for everyday use.

Few years back I parted out a 71 Valiant 4 door slant 6, 904 with K-H brakes and an 8.75 with a 3.23 S.G. Guy I got it from (original owner) wanted heavy duty parts for occasional towing but decent economy for everyday use.

Just go's to show you,any option could be had in any car back then. Nowadays you have to buy a package of crap to get the option you want.I think thats the same gears I have.

What fender tag code would an 8 3/4 show up as?

-
Back