a hemi in a tow truck and a camper???

-

OUTLAW

Master of All Mopars
Reaction score
I was talking to an old fart today about this camper he has that has a mopar motor in it. He says he knows its a 440 because the spark plugs go thru the valve covers.(are you thinking what I'm thinking?..LOL)

This is the 2nd time I have heard of a hemi in a utility vehicle..first was a tow truck! Has anyone ever seen a hemi in a truck ? these were both late 60's early 70's vehicles. Anyway he says if I pull it I can have it for $50 all he wants is the big generator used for the camper part.Will know more tomorrow night !

My Dad has to me my uncle had a 2 ton grain truck with the old style hemi. He wasn't sure what displacment it was. But, I haven't heard of a camper having one.

Yes they had put some of the smaller displacement Hemi's in trucks. I had a really good lead on about 15 of them and most of those were in trucks. If you really want one there is a place in Alaska that I know you can get some.

I know of the old school hemis in larger trucks (3 to 5 ton). Odd ball displacements like 313 or 317? Of course the 331 and 392 were also used. Some of my customers used to drive them and said they would out pull just about everything at the time.

Dodge hemis were used in lots of trucks. They also used the 354 as a "Dodge" hemi in trucks and large vehicles. But, you never know what you will find.......

these were suppose to be late 60's early 70's . I just cant imagine a 426 in a camper ....LOL
when I get there it will probably be a 2.2 in a renault alpine camper...just my luck ...or it will have 3 windows in the side of the block ...LOL

Heck, one Hemi HEAD with stuck valves and collapsed springs would be worth more than $50.00, even if it IS a small displacement early oddball. For $50.00 you can't go wrong even if it's a truck 440 or 413 or even a smallblock. I'll be real interested to see how this turns out for you and what the old guy really has.

-
Back