A High School Standout

-

Chuckman

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I'm glad I have joined this site. My son and I are restorin6 a 66 Valiant Signant 100 for his fisrt car. The window sticker id not have to be very big on this car, for it is very basic. However it does have some unique qualities.
1. It was purchased by our family form the original owner. The same
name and address that is on the former owners registration is on the
factory "Certicard" under the hood.

2. It is thought to have only 66,000 miles for the floorpan, trunk, and rockers are all Solid.

I want to use this car to teach my son to do his own mechanic work. I also want him to have a car he will take pride in. A real stand out in the high school parking lot.

Anybody know where I can get a front bumper pretty inexpensively?

Thanks,
Chuck

I believe our member 66340SEDAN may have one.
Looking forward to this build and welcome

Attachments

• Challenger%20IN%20NASCAR%20Cup%20race%20017.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 219
Welcome to the family here! Great to see you spending time with your son-memories both of you will carry throughout life. Send pics of the progress!

Welcome to FABO from another Virginian (up north about 20 miles south of Winchester)

Great to here from another FABO member referbing a 66 Signet. I thought I had an 86,000 mile car due to the condition of the body and interior. After going through the multitude of info in the glovebox, I found a small notebook with every oil change hand written from the first thru 186,000 miles. All three tranfer slips are there from the previous owners and the Chrysler Certicard with the original owners name is still in the inner fender pocket. Already got a 44,000 mile 225 from a Valiant 100 postcar, although from what I have seen on another thread, at 186,000, slants are just getting broke in!!! As soon as I have time to get my computer graphics employee to show me how to post pics, I'll get some on the site!!! Have fun with your son - it"s great to have something to do and learn together!!! PS - I am also in the market for a front bumper for one of my 66 Barracudas. I am located about 25 miles SE of Pittsburgh, PA

My son and daughter and I are resto modding a '75 duster with 34K on the clock...so far, it has been an absolutely fun thing to do...good luck and welcome aboard !

Ian.

Welcome to FABO. Let's see some pics of the Valiant!
I've got a 66 Valiant Signet (same body style as 66 Dart) which I'm parting out. It has a ton of good trim and interior parts still on it, so let me know if you need anything.

Hey Guys,
I'm glad I have joined this site. My son and I are restorin6 a 66 Valiant Signant 100 for his fisrt car. The window sticker id not have to be very big on this car, for it is very basic. However it does have some unique qualities.
1. It was purchased by our family form the original owner. The same
name and address that is on the former owners registration is on the
factory "Certicard" under the hood.

2. It is thought to have only 66,000 miles for the floorpan, trunk, and rockers are all Solid.

I want to use this car to teach my son to do his own mechanic work. I also want him to have a car he will take pride in. A real stand out in the high school parking lot.

Anybody know where I can get a front bumper pretty inexpensively?

Thanks,
Chuck

its nice to find something that you and your sone can build together.. I myself was lucky enough to have 2 girls (non car girls).... but i did have a friend with a 14yo son... she first asked if i knew anyplace he could get a job... well i put hin to work for me the best worker i had... better than most kids today... well i had taken him to a couple of car shows... he fell in love with the 1972 duster.. i found a really nice one with only 36,000 miles... one owner 225 slant auto with A/C.. we put it in his dads Garage... i told him i would help him build it... i also told me if he did work on it i wouldn't.... i gave him a 318 with a 727 out of an old RoadRunner i was junking.... to cut this short... we built the motor into about 325hp.. 8.75 under the back

when he took it to school the first time... he called me right away.. didn't say how the liked it just told me he couldn't believe how many girls flocked around him and the car.. (my kind of kid ) lol well it made me so proud of him the way he work on the car... i would show me how to do it and he would finish it himself ... that was 14 years ago he still has the car... he has done a few other things to it.. when he found the girl he wanted to spend the rest of his life with.. she said the car had to go... he told her she would be gone before the duster im sorry for being so long winded but i hope more of you have the fun i did... and remember something... with or with out our own kids.. we all have something to pass on.. i can die know what i learned... i have passed on to someone that will never forget me for what i did for him so pass on what you know

-
Back