-

Bodyperson

Pedal to the metal
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Greetings from a fellow gear-head.
I live in NW Montana
50 something male
30 plus years in the Collision Repair industry ( Bodyperson )
Trying to find time to finish my 67 Barracuda
Thanks for building this super informative A-Body community!
That's about it... just thought it was good time to register.

Welcome aboard!
And Happy Thanksgiving!

(and nice choice of car!)

Welcome Bodyperson, glad to have you with us!! Yes, find the time for the Cuda, you will be rewarded handsomely!!! Geof

Welcome to the best Mopar site on the planet:coffee2: Enjoy the fun!

Dave,

Welcome, let's see some pics of the Cuda.
Thanks for the welcome and happy Thanksgiving.

Ahh... the dreaded pics request for the newbie. She aint pretty I'll tell ya that.
I will give it a valiant (pun intended) effort tomorrow, seeing how the boss gave us a 4 day weekend.

Like I said, it's in disrepair. I bought the car a hundred years ago. It was my daily driver from
84-88. I finally got myself another truck in 88. I bought a rolled 340 duster and swapped the Barracuda's 273 for the Duster's 340-727-8.75 w/3:91 and Kelsy Hays brakes into the Barracuda. Used the K-member with anti-sway bar also. I just hotroded around in it for a while until the trans started acting up and parked it for a lot of years.

Recently I relocated the springs and mini tubbed it. I've been gathering other parts also.

I have another 340 (cast crank) I think about stroking but a magnum motor sure seems like a better route.

Anyway it's a really straight car other than the rust in the quarters and of course the front floor pans.

I actually used this car to take my drivers license test in 1977. It belonged to my best friends parents at the time. They drove it off the showroom floor in Bellevue WA.

After that his sister drove it and then my friend inherited it. Man we partied hard in that car. It changed hand a couple times to other people I knew. The reason I ended up with the car was pure desperation for a reliable vehicle.

I totaled my truck and I traded.... wait for it... My 1970 396 SS Chevelle for the Barracuda.

The Chevelle had a knocking engine and I had the nose torn off of it but ya, it was the real deal. Anyway, water under the bridge. Here's some pics from my phone.

Attachments

• 20151127_182230.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 137
  • 20151127_182303.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 136
  • 20151127_182157.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 138
Welcome to FABO!

Great story and glad you ended up with the car again. It will be a great feeling to take that first ride again!!

-
Back