A little help with my dipstick please?

-

ElDavo64

Reaction score
G’Day all, My name is Dave and I’ve got a 64 Dart Gt in Melbourne Australia. It is a V8/904 cable shift. I was wondering if anyone could have a look at their V8 Cable shift 904’s that still have their original dip sticks and tell me the part # stamped on them. Thanks heaps!

its part number 2402 839 in the 65 parts catalog...273/318 poly part number is the same.

The dipstick in my 65 Barracuda, 273 4 barrel/904 cable shift part number is 4202953. I don't imagine they would have changed part numbers from 64 to 65? Hope that helps.

oil indicator 2466 302 across 727/904 transmissions and lines so they are all the same.
oil.jpg

Dang.....mine must have come from a later vehicle!
sometimes these part numbers dont jive with MP numbers, these are from the parts book and may have other numbers associates with them. If you got that dipstick in your unmolested trans, its probably correct fort that trans. Dont know for sure but it just shows the DS is the same part number across transmissions.

Thanks pishta. It appears to work fine, but I didn't want to mislead the OP with what seems like a later number. The transmission in my car isn't staying in the car long anyways. I'm swapping it out for an A999 lockup trans when I get the new motor done.

Man, I'll do a lot of things for yall on here, but I ain't touchin your dipstick.

sometimes these part numbers dont jive with MP numbers, these are from the parts book and may have other numbers associates with them. If you got that dipstick in your unmolested trans, its probably correct fort that trans. Dont know for sure but it just shows the DS is the same part number across transmissions.
Thanks heaps mate I’ve suffered with this for a couple of years I really appreciate your help!

-
Back