A/N fittings and fuel line leaks.

-

cudaspaz

Reaction score
Is there a recommended sealer to seal threads in leaky AN fittings?

I've tried just snug...had leaks,
Tried Pretty tight...still leaks
Tried tights as hell..still have leaks.

In some spots I have AN fittings going onto a chrome type fitting such as my fuel pressure regulator and have a nice leak there, and also where an AN fitting screws to a chrome shut off valve at the fuel line near the tank.

I can't win with these darn fuel leaks and I'm starting to get really frustrated and I'm getting ready to buy all new stuff and start from scratch unless there is some kind of miracle sealant I can put on the threads.

I am running 100-110 octane race fuel as well if that has anything to do with it.

I will buy new valves and regulator if I have to to solve this problem as I don't need a fire hazard on my money pit.

Don't think you should need any sealant. Is there a chance there's a mix between AN (37°) and standard flares (45°)?

never, ever, ever, put pipe sealant on the flared end of an fittings where it's AN to AN. They are designed to seal without anything else.

As mentioned, if you have a 45* trying to connect to the AN 37*, bad leaks will occur.

If the pipe thread side is leaking, a quick wrap of teflon tape usually help.

This maybe a silly question but is the tubing you're using seamless. Seamed tubing will always have a slight high spot when it is flared. I don't even flare tubing anymore, all I use are compression fitting like Parker or Swagelock. Yes they are expensive but we used them in the petroleum industry and they will hold upwards of 2500 psi with no flares and 0 leaks.

Terry

-
Back