A new build......

-

Puffer Fish

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
I'm starting a new build for drag racing, going bigger, and would like some insight/opinions on a combination that's been around a while. A 572. I've got an aluminum KB block on order. It should be here shortly. I have a set of original B1's with T&D rockers. They've had minor port work done. Mainly to get the same CFM out of each port. I will be running carburated alcohol. Hopefully before too long ill have the info on what the heads flow so I can get a new Bullet cam ordered. Any info or insight would be greatly appreciated.
Oops I almost forgot. It will be going in my 68 Dart(drag race only). It has an ATI powerglide and Dana 60 with Moser internals. It has 4.56's in it now but will be changed over to 4.30's.
Thank you for your time!

Just stuff this in there and be done with it.

RT-flex96C-1%25255B6%25255D.jpg

:cheers:

^^^^^ my buddy builds those, insane stuff in there! $50k for a main bearing

how would you like to have to change the oil in that!!!!

Hi Greg! Thanks for posting your new build. That basic combo is a very serious one, and probably in the top 5% of most of the racer's here. Honestly, at the level you're going to, i only know enough to be dangerous...lol. I'm guessing it's a big tire car with at least a solid ladder suspension, or even a 4 link. I'll keep a watch, and if I can add anything worth while, i will. Just keep us informed, and pics are always great.

P.S. I was a dedicated ATI guy in the seventies & early 80's as I lived 5 miles from them in Silver Spring, Md. before they moved to Baltimore. I bought more then a dozen Trans & converters from them back then, and was very satisfied with there products & customer service. Hopefully Jim Beattie's legacy continues today with their product's :thumbrig:.

Very nice Dart Greg :cheers::cheers: wow!! Memikie likie :happy7:
Welcome aboard and yes :glasses7: OldmanRick and a few more good racers here will enjoy this build and be ready to enjoy this thread for sure :burnout:

Don't know much about drive trains of that caliber or much if anything of that caliber lol. Only experience I have his working on a friends chassis vega but it's a stick shift chevy :). Awesome build and maybe I'll learn a thing or two.

Hi Memike-
Thank you! I'll need all the guidance I can get. It had a 556 in it. I wish I could take credit for it but I bought it that way. only 20 passes on a fresh motor. Buyer beware! The motor was way tired and had to be gone thru. bla bla bla...
So I'm going bigger. Go Big Or Go Home! right? Lol

Sounds great :cheers:
But I went small to have a ball myself :D:D and was top 12:00 class winner in 2013

Attachments

• Duals%20all%20HOOKED%20UP%20033.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 196
  • My first win 2013 George Rays 056.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 189
Good looking car.... always liked the "baby roadrunner" look that the Dart had.

Just stuff this in there and be done with it.

RT-flex96C-1%25255B6%25255D.jpg

:cheers:

We rebuilt and made a new crankshaft damper for one of those at work. Imagine a crank damper that was 56.5 inches in diameter, a foot thick, and weighed 7,000 pounds! I had to stand inside of the center web to clean it out.

Very nice car. I don't think there is anything wrong with ladder bar set up. Also when you change the grill, the headlight buckets will need to be changed to use the 68 bezels. Just a FYI. Whats the old combo and what are you doing with it?

Ray

Very nice car. I don't think there is anything wrong with ladder bar set up. Also when you change the grill, the headlight buckets will need to be changed to use the 68 bezels. Just a FYI. Whats the old combo and what are you doing with it?

Ray

My 68 Dart had a 556 Mega-block in it. I wish I could take credit for it but I bought it that way. It was to have only 20 passes on a fresh motor. Buyer beware! I trusted someone when I shouldn't have. More like 320 passes. Shes way tired and has to be completely redone with a new build. BTW- the headlights are fake. They are decals. But the grill is real.

My 68 Dart had a 556 Mega-block in it. I wish I could take credit for it but I bought it that way. It was to have only 20 passes on a fresh motor. Buyer beware! I trusted someone when I shouldn't have. More like 320 passes. Shes way tired and has to be completely redone with a new build. BTW- the headlights are fake. They are decals. But the grill is real.

What heads are on the 556?

Ray

:angry4: I'm absolutely frigging speechless!!! I just got off the phone with Ken Black not even 20 minutes ago. I put my order and money in for a new block January 20th. I was quoted 12 weeks. I haven't heard a word. So I thought I'd give him a call. He just told me that my block hasn't even left the foundry yet!!!!!!! WTF!!!
I'm so pissed off right now I don't know what to do. That just TOTALLY killed any hope of me racing this year. :puke:

:angry4: I'm absolutely frigging speechless!!! I just got off the phone with Ken Black not even 20 minutes ago. I put my order and money in for a new block January 20th. I was quoted 12 weeks. I haven't heard a word. So I thought I'd give him a call. He just told me that my block hasn't even left the foundry yet!!!!!!! WTF!!!
I'm so pissed off right now I don't know what to do. That just TOTALLY killed any hope of me racing this year. :puke:

Cancel the order and go with another company if it's possible. It may be a hassle but it's the only way to show them to step up. They will forget about a mad paying customer but they will remember loosing a few grand.

-
Back