A new spark

-

RPMLegends18

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Its been awhile, it seems as if I had sort of lost interest or determination in my Dart. I had started to do the body work, shaving marker lights, fixing dents, I got the wing window doors hung on, and the next on the list was the '72 rear clip. (the car is an ugly '74 Swinger, I had already swapped the front clip about two years ago) And then it all just kinda stopped, maybe I was overwhelmed. Trying to tackle all the body work myself. I had never tried it and I think it got to me. The engine, trans, suspension...all that was fun building a working on...but body work just...bleh. So I parked it. And bought a Miata (I know, I know) it got 35 mpg and I had plans to turbo it. I got the turbo and some other goodies got a full cage welded it in, then the car was impounded...another long story. I got the car out of the impound but just sort of lost interest in that. So with my girlfriends ever constant reminding of how we met in the Dart and how she loved the way it sounded I had to hopped in it and the battery was dead. It had been parked for two months so I was surprised the battery was dead. After a good long deep charge and a little cranking to fill the carb back up it it fired right up and I tell ya, that is one sound I missed. Ground shaking window rattling...mmm. So I got out the volt tester (I know there is a technically name but its blank in my head right now) and started looking around and found a strayed wire on the altenator, I replaced the section of wire as well as the connecter and havent had a problem since. But my passion has been restored, I wanna get started on the body again and if I get frustrated I figure I can start doing a mini tub as well as move the springs inboard. I also want to finally get a Sure-Grip and a 4 speed. Those are my goals now, tired of burning off that right rear, kinda embarrassing too. So I guess this is my little story of how I found the Mopar way again and I hope I wont be losing it anytime soon. I would love to build a big block Dart but I also would love to have a nice built 340...someday :-D

Anyways Thanks for the Read,
Long live MoPar :cheers:

-Ryan

Its sound like you suffer from the same condition as me Ryan, ADD. I loose interest in things almost instantly. I have more hobbies then I even have time for. :toothy10:
Good luck with the build.
Oh yeah, I had a kid working for me once who had a Miyata that he put a turbo in. That thing was scary quick. Like a go-cart on mega steriods.

That was my plan for the miata, low compression pistons, forged internals. and a lot of boost. The goal was for 350Hp to the wheels. Its pretty realistic but I just missed the old Dart. Someday I hope to get them both finished up

-
Back