a new whip hitting the streets...... plymouth suberbird

-
I like it. It's another variation on a theme. It's definitely MoPar.

I wouldn't mind owning one. Would be a great conversation starter even if those conversation are sour grapes. lol

The "B" body no longer exists, and I don't remember anyone complaining about the GTX designation being used on a pick up truck. Same with this. It's a $35K option over and above the cost of the R/T, so there will probably be very few of them built. Wouldn't be a bad investment if you can afford to stick it in the garage for a few years with minimal driving on it.

If you're looking for 1970's purity, sorry, you will never have that appetite satisfied again. It's a new world of government mandates and regulations.

It is what it is. Like it, or not. I like it, but then again, I like the 4 door chargers, too, though I thought that it should have been named "Magnum Sedan", but the name doesn't take away from it's being a good vehicle.

Sorry if you guys disagree, I've never been one to "follow the rules", anyway.

I like it. It's another variation on a theme. It's definitely MoPar.

I wouldn't mind owning one. Would be a great conversation starter even if those conversation are sour grapes. lol

The "B" body no longer exists, and I don't remember anyone complaining about the GTX designation being used on a pick up truck. Same with this. It's a $35K option over and above the cost of the R/T, so there will probably be very few of them built. Wouldn't be a bad investment if you can afford to stick it in the garage for a few years with minimal driving on it.

If you're looking for 1970's purity, sorry, you will never have that appetite satisfied again. It's a new world of government mandates and regulations.

It is what it is. Like it, or not. I like it, but then again, I like the 4 door chargers, too, though I thought that it should have been named "Magnum Sedan", but the name doesn't take away from it's being a good vehicle.

Sorry if you guys disagree, I've never been one to "follow the rules", anyway.
You and I are on the same page. It seems alot of people on here are just not receptive to "something different". I personally think it is a cool looking car. Hell, Richard Petty has his hands all over this project. A customer of ours actually entered a raffle for one of these cars and won it. He was invited to Petty Enterprises to meet with the king and pick out exactly how he wanted his car built. They offer several different engine choices and he opted for the 426 stroker motor built by Arrington Engines. He should take delivery of the car in december.

How about the cuda? Not a official pic but what ya think
cuda.jpg

You and I are on the same page. It seems alot of people on here are just not receptive to "something different". I personally think it is a cool looking car. Hell, Richard Petty has his hands all over this project. A customer of ours actually entered a raffle for one of these cars and won it. He was invited to Petty Enterprises to meet with the king and pick out exactly how he wanted his car built. They offer several different engine choices and he opted for the 426 stroker motor built by Arrington Engines. He should take delivery of the car in december.

No way damm I wish I can win a brand new car and pick how I want it

These aint no secret. The prototype's been out a year or two. But what the hell yall think they're gonna make one out of anyway? You think they're gonna make a "new old" Superbird? I hope the things sell like hotcakes. Then maybe Chrysler will take notice and make something similar. Like it or not, this is how things get DONE in the automotive world. Some of yall wouldn't be happy if the thing included a free ******* from a hot **** star.

I admit I would like to see one in person
(with said hot **** star)

oh I just had a sickening thought
what if some numbnutz goes and does this to an original E-body?

Now you have sold me I'm going to buy one because it includes a **** star lol

I like it anyway who cares what other say I think its a new path that are future holds for us

These aint no secret. The prototype's been out a year or two. But what the hell yall think they're gonna make one out of anyway? You think they're gonna make a "new old" Superbird? I hope the things sell like hotcakes. Then maybe Chrysler will take notice and make something similar. Like it or not, this is how things get DONE in the automotive world. Some of yall wouldn't be happy if the thing included a free ******* from a hot **** star.

Now that's hilarious! Lol

knowing that ma mopar made the origionals with different wing heights I would have the wing lowered a bit and add a more complete ground effects package and a big *** blower ,why not ? Chevy is putting out a 585hp crapero this year ma mopar and the third party guys better step up their game somewhere

Chevy is putting out a 585hp crapero this year ma mopar and the third party guys better step up their game somewhere

Ford set the standard a few years ago. The Shelby GT 500 Mustangs have 550 HP now AND NO GAS GUZZLER TAX straight from the factory! Then they offer blower upgrades up to 750 HP and guarantee the upgrade for 1 year if done by a dealer.

Chevy has caught up just now with the 585 Camaro, except I am almost 6 feet tall and my head hits the roof of the Camaro unless I put the seat back down like I am laying in the front seat. They made the roof too low for most guys to sit in...

Dodge just came out with the 392 Hemi in the SRT's at 480 HP, a far cry behind.

I remember fighting them over the transmission in my 85 Turbo Laser XT and they told me they cancelled my warranty at 22 k miles after sending the zone office guy to Mopar Nats to get a picture of me running it down the track. They refused to put a Getrag trans in it to fix the problem. I told them it didn't shift right from day one. (My dad had an 84 turbo Laser and I took my driver's test on it - so I knew how they should shift).

When looking at the 6.1 Hemi SRT8 last year and reading on the visor, "A trouble light will illuminate if you do a brake torque for too many seconds (which they didn't specify), a light will come on the dash and can only be turned off by a dealer." Made me suspicious as to what other "spyware" they have in there to monitor my driving habits and use that to deny my warranty repairs. I don't feel like fighting with them again because they can't build a car that can't hold up to the competition. Not to mention that the SRT's are only warranteed for 1 to 3 years (depending on what dealer you talk to) when the 550HP Mustang is guaranteed for 5 years.

That is why we ordered a 2011 Shelby GT 500 Mustang that was built in the first month of production that year (April 14, 2010).

I would LOVE to buy a new Challenger. I love the new body style, but I am afraid of the problems that will come with it, and they cannot compete with the GM and Ford high output engines. They are the only manufacturer that does not offer a supercharger on their performance cars friom the factory. And I don't like having to fight with them to get my car covered by warranty. They warranteed them for 5 years 50 k miles in the "good old days" and stood behind it. My last three cars that I bought new from them, I had to fight for them to cover the problems under warranty. Most of which were caused by under designed components (taking short cuts). Call me old fashioned, but if it will not hold up like in the good old days, I'm not interested in buying it.

And that's how the big block A-bodies got started. Some stupid kids (cough...Kraus....cough) did what the engineers said couldn't be done. So the story goes. The question is: does Chrysler see the market or continue to put out the status quo?

I don't care what anyone thinks,I'D OWN ONE IN A HEARTBEAT !!!!!:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

-
Back