A Old 90 W350 Turbo Cummins Came Into Work Today With A Neat Little Story

-

71DodgeDemon340

Reaction score
Had this 90 W350 turbo cummins come into work today from one of the local farmers. He came in for four tires and wanted to get the truck drivable again because its the same truck him and his wife went on dates in back in the early 90's. Well from it being on the farm it had a flat bed on it and has been used a bit but he put the original bed back on it. So i noticed the right front tire was cambered in at the top and sure enough it was a wore king pin bushing, replaced that so he wouldn't wear out the new tires. Put 4 new mastercraft axt's on her and being the mopar guy i am and being it was such a cool story i had to freshen up the wheels for him so i found a can of silver duplicolor engine enamel around the shop and sprayed em up. I really didnt care for the body style much when it came but by the time i got done it started growing on me.

IMG_1415.JPG

Cool truck! I've owned several and loved them all! Still got a 3/4 ton 4x4 but mine is a gas burner.

Those were and still are great trucks.My daily driver is a 88 D350.Plan on keeping it forever...

I was selling Dodges when the Cummins came out. Everyone wanted one ! But they werent released yet...except for a fleet of 35 Bright green Cab & Chassis Duellies for the Forest Service that we had just received and parked out back .
Guys would come in asking about getting a new Cummins and when you told them they werent available yet the customer would quite often get irate and call you a liar because " there are a whole bunch of them out back ! "....lol

Had a 92 2500 cummins, would still own it but it being an northern truck body and frame rusted out, upper a arm folded up going down the road, what a thrill that was.

I'm looking to buy a '92 d250 Cummins if anybody knows anybody. Awesome old trucks. my grandpa's was completely submerged for several days in a flood in Colorado.

Cleaned out the intake, fired it right up.

Had to flush the trans to make it drive though. Water boils in torque converters.

-
Back