A phew photos phrom the Phall Classic

-

Longgone

John/68 Barracuda & Dart
Reaction score
It hasn`t substantially rained here in Newport News,Va. for nearly the entire summer and in the last 4 days we`ve picked up over 4 inches. That probably had a tremendous impact in the turnout for the Fall Classic here, held at Newport News Park. The numbers were way down but I did get out and snap a few photos of some A-bodies..............and a couple other nice cars. Here you go!

IM000661.jpg

IM000662.jpg

IM000663.jpg

IM000670.jpg

IM000671.jpg

IM000664.jpg

IM000665.jpg

Here`s some non-Mopar stuff that was nice too! I wish I had someone stand next to the 72 Honda car so you could get the true perspective of how tiny that car was. The 30`s Fords were very nice, the red Shelby was a survivor, the blue Mustang was a California Special and I really like 66/67 Chevelles and any Vette from 63-67.:grin:

IM000673.jpg

IM000669.jpg

IM000668.jpg

IM000667.jpg

IM000666.jpg

IM000660.jpg

IM000659.jpg

IM000658.jpg

i wanted to go to this, but again i could not attend. maybe next time......was this the extent of the mopars in attendance? i know there usally is alot more. any pics of the amc's in the background?

good looking early a's there. i also like the vettes 63-67. im a 65/66 chevelle man myself, but that chevelle looked very clean. i don't care for run of the mill mustangs, but shelbys and gt/cs cars are definitely worth checking out. did you take your cuda?

i was at a show today at a friend's shop. good show.

i wanted to go to this, but again i could not attend. maybe next time......was this the extent of the mopars in attendance? i know there usally is alot more. any pics of the amc's in the background?

The park is a nice place for the show (being the largest inner city park east of the Mississippi River )but turn out was terrible. The big car show was put off until today the 28th when it should have started Friday the 26th with a cruise and then had the largest showing on the 27th. I think everybody feared the park was going to be a huge quagmire. It wasn`t too bad as all of the show cars got the high ground while the spectators parked in the mud. Lol! After a week of rain though people (show cars and spectators)were still reluctant to come out. I only saw one E-body and all of the B-bodies were 70-74`s with the exception being a 68 383 RR. I got one photo of a very clean AMX in blue. Another highlight, if I can get my computer to load it was a Duesenburg......Rocket?, I think it was. What an awesome car, made me think of the movie The Mask for some reason though. Lol!

good looking early a's there. i also like the vettes 63-67. im a 65/66 chevelle man myself, but that chevelle looked very clean. i don't care for run of the mill mustangs, but shelbys and gt/cs cars are definitely worth checking out. did you take your cuda?

i was at a show today at a friend's shop. good show.

I thought of taking the Barracuda but like everyone else ,I thought it would be nasty there so I didn`t. Plus IMO it`s not clean enough to show. I`m just not into all of the polishing and detailing that goes with showing a car. I like driving it though.:iconbigg:

Nice pics John. How's the 68 GTS coming along?

Thanks Pat. The drivetrain, brakes, suspension, and interior are complete. I`ve started the body work (a panel at a time) and have only finished the front left fender and drivers door. Nearly every panel on the car has some imperfection so it`s going to be a while in the making. Hopefully by late spring 2008 I`ll be looking for a painter.

-
Back