• Solid roller and valve springs

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Light aluminum wheels on BBP from stock steels

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters
-

gumper

Reaction score
Well I'm stuck trying to decide what modification I should do next. E85 was the definite answer, but fuel availability (no stations within 250 miles and it's $5/gal there, barrel of fuel is $500) sucks. Plus I was going to spend $760 on a new carb then keep my gas one for a backup. The next option is a new trans with a trans brake to replace my aged mild street one. The option I was going to do this winter was a big solid roller Voodoo cam, but I may have to pull the heads to have the valve spring pockets cut bigger. Lastly I want to switch my factory steel wheels and radial fronts to 5x4.5 aluminum race wheels and drag fronts. This would require the mustang brake rotor swap, and Moser axles. I can only do one of these this summer. Which direction should I go in order to drop some ET in the 1/4?

why do you need mustang brake and rotor to use aluminum wheels?

I got Weld Draglite and Prostars on the 3 cars...all use Mopar spindles...5 x 4.5

Well I have 5x4s, and I like those Jegs sport mag wheels. I need new axles anyway, and it'd be nice to have a regular bolt pattern.

I'd say go with the light weight wheels, reducing un-sprung weight and weight in general is always a good idea.

I'm doing the mopar spindle and disk swap from the newer A bodies to get my 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern, might save a few bones over the mustang stuff. Maybe enough to do another mod?

I'd say go with the light weight wheels, reducing un-sprung weight and weight in general is always a good idea.

I'm doing the mopar spindle and disk swap from the newer A bodies to get my 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern, might save a few bones over the mustang stuff. Maybe enough to do another mod?
The mustang brake rotor swap as mentioned here:
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=20544
Then I keep my 4 piston calipers, and don't have to search all over for 73+ A-body cars.

Another benefit of different wheels is I can get some more backspacing and run an inch wider tire.

I was able to find all new or re manufactured parts for my brake swap.

-
Back