A question of do or do not. Missing MC pushrod

-

PanGasket

has cork sides
Reaction score
Okay, I recieved a really clean master cylinder and I realized as I looked at the back of it, that the pushrod is missing. Does this matter or does it not?? I was told it doesn't but i'd like to hear some opinions here pleasee

the pushrod is not part of the master...when you buy a replacement master it doesn't come with the rod...

the pushrod is not part of the master...when you buy a replacement master it doesn't come with the rod...
Oh cool! Thanks dude, now i feel dumb. :toothy10:. lol. Thanks alot man!8) Woo! This means I can use the one I got with the car.:-D

You will have some fun pulling the push rod from the old MC..Mine was a pain to get out! With your new MC you should get a small rubber seal that slips on the end of the rod and holds it in the new MC. Good luck!

Look in the back of the cylinder and make sure it has the groove machined in the hole for the new rubber band.

And like others said, getting the old pushrod out is a pain. It may be easiest if you pull it from under the dash while the MC is still bolted to the firewall. Maybe not.

I have also grabbed the whole thing in a vise, and yanked on the pushrod and pulled the whole guts out of MCs before. It can take a lot of yanking to get the old one loose.

You will have some fun pulling the push rod from the old MC..Mine was a pain to get out! With your new MC you should get a small rubber seal that slips on the end of the rod and holds it in the new MC. Good luck!
I need to get one then, mine is missing:angry7:

Look in the back of the cylinder and make sure it has the groove machined in the hole for the new rubber band.

And like others said, getting the old pushrod out is a pain. It may be easiest if you pull it from under the dash while the MC is still bolted to the firewall. Maybe not.

I have also grabbed the whole thing in a vise, and yanked on the pushrod and pulled the whole guts out of MCs before. It can take a lot of yanking to get the old one loose.

Holy crap. damn, gas tank was a pain and now to deal with the master cylinder. :toothy10:

I have a dumb question: I pulled my old MC off the car and the push rod has this spring attached to it.. Do I pull the section with this spring attached to it off when I install my new MC?

If it's what I'm thinking of, the part with the spring switches over to the new master cylinder. Been a long time since I dealt with one of those, but I think the 67 masted cylinder I had was like that.

Thanks man, can I buy one of these seals anywhere?

Here's one source. There are several places to get one.

http://auctionworks.com/StoreFrontP...tail.aspx?sid=1&sfid=92390&c=68055&i=16046796

The original Mopar part number is 2074960. It's dsicontinued, but it may help you locate one. There is a good chance someone on here will see this and send you one. I, unfortunately don't have one.

Some guys make their own from thick vacuum hose. I'm not sure how well taht works, myself.

-
Back