A Rottwieler Tribute...

-
I loved the video and agree with the "blame the deed, not the breed" thought.

Definitely products of their environment....

I am a Mopar and a Boxer guy myself.Also have a mini Boxer well looks like one anyway a Boston Terrier.

My neighbor 2 doors down from me was told by his homeowners insurance company that they would drop him if he got a rottwieler. So many things factor in, not just what the breed of the dog is. Environment, how they are treated, at what age they are "fixed", etc. Nice tribute Joe!!

Thank you 6pak.

I've seen vicious golden labs and pitts docile with newborns in the house. It's just how they're trained and treated. Larger dogs are capable of just that much more damage is all.... I have a friend with a couple of chihauhas that if were 10x larger (they weigh about 7 lbs each) would be a serious threat. She thinks it's cute, it's not.

Nice vid! I deliver hay for a liveing. I am around peoples dogs all the time. There are only two or three I keep a good eye on. None of them are rotts. Rotts are the ones that come up to me when I get out of the truck to unload the hay to get petted and say hi. I some times take a little time to stop and rough house with them. They love it.

I am a Mopar and a Boxer guy myself.Also have a mini Boxer well looks like one anyway a Boston Terrier.

Cool! Boxer's are neat and don't get the acclaim for their versitality that they deserve. A co-worker and good friend has a Boston, way cool and very, very inteligent.

My neighbor 2 doors down from me was told by his homeowners insurance company that they would drop him if he got a rottwieler. So many things factor in, not just what the breed of the dog is. Environment, how they are treated, at what age they are "fixed", etc. Nice tribute Joe!!

Thanks Badawg (What a great screen name, lol!),

Since mine are all technically mixes, it's not a problem so far..... Check out my "Breed Banning" video, it'll bring tears to your eyes. Another friend (Yeah, I got a lot, lol!) had a pit named "Joshua". That dog was the bomb. Cool as hell and way mellow, but so was the owner, so..... back to the enviorment as 6pak mentioned...... :-D

Thank you 6pak.

I've seen vicious golden labs and pitts docile with newborns in the house. It's just how they're trained and treated. Larger dogs are capable of just that much more damage is all.... I have a friend with a couple of chihauhas that if were 10x larger (they weigh about 7 lbs each) would be a serious threat. She thinks it's cute, it's not.

Yeah, my mom has this small dog...it is friendly to immediate friendly or anyone who is around all the time. But he flips out whenever someone comes to the door, I must say he did not come from a good environment at his previous house though. Anyway my friend just got a puppy rott and it is one of the friendliest dogs I have met, I would love a dog like that.

I have a docile golden mix and a hyper, but sweet dingo. The dingo is quite the protector but more bark than bite...:rolleyes:

Nice vid! I deliver hay for a liveing. I am around peoples dogs all the time. There are only two or three I keep a good eye on. None of them are rotts. Rotts are the ones that come up to me when I get out of the truck to unload the hay to get petted and say hi. I some times take a little time to stop and rough house with them. They love it.

I threw a little hay myself not to long ago. It was to help a friend in Penrose, CO every spring/fall. Didn't take long to remember to wear long sleeves after one day of bloody forearms, lol!

Those freakin' 30 or 40 lb cattle dogs were the most vicious little peckerheads... Try walking up to a farmers truck with one those guys in the pickup bed, they'll tear you hand off. A rottie just wants to see if you're friend or foe. If they like you, all is good, just like you said. Stoic and collected. They just measure people up with no fanfare. :-D

No ****! A real dingo? Makes me think of the 2nd Mad Max when his dog is holding the bone wired to the shotgun trigger pointed right at his captive, lol!

-
Back