A small Father's day miracle

-

63dartman

Reaction score
I just got done towing my father-in-laws 91 chevy suburban to my house with my Dodge ram 3/4 pickup. (Damn I should have taken pictures):(after it started frying ecm fuses and two fuel pumps. I haven't talked to him in almost 4yrs due to a falling out between us. I of course dropped everything to help him since he was in a bad situation. Life works in mysterious ways sometimes. He grabbed me and hugged me and asked " are you ready to let this go?" I thought he was talking about the chain I had in my hand.:) I said" sure why not?" and then it hit me that he wasn't talking about the chain. It sure made me feel good to bury the hatchet on a bad time in our lives. Funny thing is that it happened on Father's day and looking back on my life I can say that he has been more of Father to me than anyone else I know. He hasn't really done alot but, when no one else has done squat it sure makes a difference. He's on his way back home with my truck and I am sitting here typing and gettin ready to have my Father's day toast to my Family, my FABO friends, and my Father-in-law. Priceless!!

Very nice 63dartman.
It will fill his hart just as much as it did your's. :thumbup:
Making memories on fathers day!! It worms my hart as well. :toothy7:

Thanks for sharing this great event. :angel9:

I had a similar exper. and very similar words were said. Though I caught what was being said and had the honest reply of, "I did about a week later, your the dummy holding it." I smiled, walked away, stopped and turned and asked him if he was just gonna stand there or come in for some iced tea. We had a good talk.

Glad your day was something I can relate to and understand first hand.

Thanks everyone, It sure felt like the right thing to do. Plus my Father-In-Law is really a great guy. Not the normal run of of the mill person. He is a hard headed SOB though:) that's why I like him so much.

Thanks everyone, It sure felt like the right thing to do. Plus my Father-In-Law is really a great guy. Not the normal run of of the mill person. He is a hard headed SOB though:) that's why I like him so much.
You like him so much because...'he is hard headed'..or because he is a SOB...LOL,LOL,.LOL. I am glad you guys let it go..it was time. Just wish it had been a Mopar that brought you two together...LOL,LOL. Good luck guys...
Terry.

-
Back