A sound energy solution ?

-

RedFish

Reaction score
I've learned that we dont really use energy. We can only change its form. Every end result is heat regardless of what the energy strated as or how it is transformed. Polution and green house gasses may be reduced or eliminated but the heat will remain. So if we are causing global warming we will continue to (I think).
Anyway... Some seek alternative fuels for the things we've already created while others create new things that run on new energy types.
Solar and wind seem to be most persuded today, but what about sound ?
If the boom box in a ricer can shake every car at an intersection and the sound of thunder can shake my house why can't sound move a generater ?
I've been pondering these things ever since first seeing Pixars Monsters Inc.
(screams collected for energy). Sure its just a cartoon but..
weren't helicopters along with nearly everything else first seen in comics ?
I'm not suggesting we make our children scream. The sound from an insect may be all that's needed.
Édouard-Léon Scott de Martinville amplified sound with a simple cone shaped cylinder on the first phonograph almost 200 years ago. Giant megaphones cant be any worse than those giant windmills in my opinion. I'll even mention the role sound played in the Battle of Jericho (according to the Bible).
I'm not expecting anyone reading this to answer my questions either. Just sharing my thoughts.
IF you have input, answers, more and similar questions... here's a place for it. :)

I think your on to something, just think if we could harness all the sound from all the women on the planet constantly talking we would solve all the energy problems. LOL

the problem with the ricer car is it is taking energy to produce the sound. But i have no idea if you could actually use some other source to somehow create energy, thats a pretty interesting idea.

i feel that if people did more things to conserve energy we would have less of an energy issue. Simple things, like turning lights off, and appliances, not using air conditioners, or heating your house as much in winter. And obviously our hobby falls into the "wasted" energy category for the most part. So i try to do some of the other things to offset my car and water skiing hobbies.

I think your on to something, just think if we could harness all the sound from all the women on the planet constantly talking we would solve all the energy problems. LOL

LOL, combined with the sound of ocean waves crashing to shore and the sound of this Boston Bull snoring (sounds that never end), we're covered.

I think it was Volkswagon that just announced it was going to be producing a car that gets over 200 MPG. I think it's supposed to be a 1 litre, and come out in 2010??? This only helps, and doesn't solve the problem. Alternative fuels are needed. I've been considering Methane, :fart: but I'm not sure I'll like the plumbing required. :-D Tim

-
Back