A thought on spool type mounts

-

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
It sure would be nice if they had spool type motor mount bolts that worked like the cam washer style system on upper control arms.
If I'm ever back in there so far as to be able to do it I'm going to make them that way, because I noticed after the mounts were in there for a year or two they sag just a little.
There wasn't a lot of clearance on a header tube in the first place and after awhile the mount sagged just enough to where one of the tie rod end studs touched one of the tubes on a left hand turn and I could hear and feel it through the car.

Well sure I can and did loosen the mount bolt and raise the engine slightly (3/8 or so) but it sure would have been nice to just loosen the nut and turn the bolt instead of having to get the floor jack out and jack the motor up to do it.

Just a thought for if/when the opportunity ever comes up again.

Interesting idea,Greg... Hopefully,someone sees this idea,and makes it fruition...

Are you using poly mounts or rubber ?

I have poly in all the suspension, but rubber for motor and trans.
1/8 inch made all the difference, but it would have been nice to just loosen and turn the bolt instead of the whole floor jack and stands thing. :D

-
Back