A tranny story (t56)

-
Most of these parts were bought just as the t56 magnum F was being introduced. Parts from the magnums were readily available at the time.

Used tr6060 from auto wreckers ‐--------$1000
Magnum output shaft ‐‐------------------------$308
Ls Input shaft ----------------------------------------$250
Ls magnum midplate-----------------------------$320
Magnum tailhousing------------------------------$225
Shift rail bearing------------------------------------$15
Rebuild kit with bearings and magnum shift rail ----$1011

Total of $3143

At this price. Someone could buy a new t56 magnum direct from Tremec. $3295. Unless they find other bargains for the pieces needed. I could of stayed with the challenger midplate and input shaft, but the one year only clutch splines worried me.

In the end I love tearing into stuff and making work what i want. I probably had more fun than going on a vacation somehwere.

I should also state that the wife didnt see one big purchase she only saw small purchases spread out so it didnt hurt as bad ;-) (funds came from scrap metal collecting so no bank accounts were hurt in this fun)
Awesome project!
Question, did you need the t56 mid plate or could you use the stock tr6060 version? Thanks

Right on! After reading your thread,! I think I’m gonna tackle the same thing. I got my tr6060 for $1000 a few years ago so I’m not losing any money going for it. I got the main shaft, input shaft and tail housing ordered. What about that hard to get dog bone? Is there a number for that to start looking it up? Thanks

-
Back