A typical Monday, why not and what next…

-

Cliff Ramsdell

I'm just a guy.
Reaction score
After a successful trip down and back to Carlisle with 800 plus miles under our belt with no issues I find out that Monday that the windshield was leaking pretty bad during our last 100 plus miles home. No biggie, pull the seats, console and carpet, dry it all out. Call the glass guy and wait for him to fit me in.

Yesterday I spend the day replacing the rear heater and AC lines on my daily driver, didn’t finish up, no biggie I’ll just drive the Dart today.

Beautiful weather, 5:15 am, 56 degrees out, warmed up by the end of the road and pull out onto 75 and give it a go, it’s running great, spins the tires from a roll and into 2nd on a nice hard 1/2 shift. Almost to work starts running bad, dies, no road bag, took it out when I gutted the car. My buddy from work has a screw driver. Points closed up, set the points and fires right up. Head out to get to work.

1690815923185.jpeg

The shop is in sight, around the corner and give it a run, top of 2nd gear and it’s a massive kaboom, fire ball, black smoke and a very dead car.

1690816012662.jpeg

1690816051156.jpeg

Broken rotor…had a spare in the tool bag too. Both mufflers blown out, AAA ride home. Got the day to finish up the daily driver. Damn…..

Cliff Ramsdell

PS: New rotor, started right up. Could have driven it home if I had my tool bag. Moral of the story, don’t travel without your bag of goodie’s, even a short trip.

So sorry to see them mufflers in that condition. I can’t help but laugh since it’s happened to me more than once. Man does that suck! KA-Boom out of nowhere freaking you out - UGH!

Sorry about your luck, but at least it didn't happen on the Carlisle trip.

I had the kaboom when a lady was crossing the street, she stopped and yelled something at the police car that was there and then pointed at me. I don't no if he replied but just turned the corner and went on his way. mine was fuel percolating.

Normally it’s a rich or I burnt fuel condition loading up fuel in the mufflers. Once that ignites - Ka-BOOM!

I was administered expired medicine as a child, probably why Yes's "Roundabout" is playing in my head after seeing the first photo. Sorry about your misfortune.

-
Back