A warning and maybe a prayer would help

-
I don't think he was liable either, but had that truck been in my shop, I would have at least gotten the throttle un-hung from wide open.

It's an unfortunate situation all the way around.

Kinda says it all to me right here.

Didn't care. Just wanted to get paid. His exact words.[/QU
Taking things out of context and twisting them around? You should run for office in your local community :elmer:

Last edited:
I don't think he was liable either, but had that truck been in my shop, I would have at least gotten the throttle un-hung from wide open.

It's an unfortunate situation all the way around.
Well I guess the day the inturdnet makes a virtual repair shop you can unstick all the WOT until then just keep flipping burgers at Dennys, make your silly you-tube videos and let the guys that make a living turning wrenches keep on doing so without your silly feedback.

For what you contributed to, you might wanna take your arrogance down a notch.
Hey be happy...Tom is selling his project. He might bring you his next one.....if he makes it outta the hospital.
Well I guess the day the inturdnet makes a virtual repair shop you can unstick all the WOT until then just keep flipping burgers at Dennys, make your silly you-tube videos and let the guys that make a living turning wrenches keep on doing so without your silly feedback.

Last edited:
Taking things out of context and twisting them around? You should run for office in your local community :elmer:

Show me where I took the out of context. I copied your words verbatim all the way to the period.

I accused you of nothing, I merely repeated your words.

You know what they say about a hit dog hollerin?

Again, I accused you of nothing........I even agreed I didn't think you are liable.

So, you admit you make your living "turning wrenches". I thought you were "just" a paint shop.

Points even more to the fact that you should have at least looked at the problem.

The hit dog continues to holler.

Show me where I took the out of context. I copied your words verbatim all the way to the period.

I accused you of nothing, I merely repeated your words.

You know what they say about a hit dog hollerin?
I dont have time to explain, your a grown man, if you dont get it by now theres nothing Im gonna be able to say to help you.

The thread was started to give people a warning of what might happen or could happen at any given moment/in the blink of an eye and to also ask that poeple give good will to Tom, I never asked you or any of the other Mouskateers their opinion or for feedback on what mighta happened differently, what could have happened differently, who made what mistake and point fingers.

I understand that General Hospital, as the world turns and one life to live no longer air but theres still plenty of other day time soaps to keep some of you people occupied.

For what you contributed to, you might wanna take your arrogance down a notch.
Hey be happy...Tom is selling his project. He might bring you his next one.....if he makes it outta the hospital.
What you see as arrogance I see as confidence, Ill fix his truck and get paid ( almost nothing this time cause I want to help the guy out cause again I could have made the same dumb mistake ) and Ill fix anything he buys in the future.

Im a good guy that does good work. Nothing arrogant about that.

I gotta go make some money now, you guys enjoy :soapbox:

And yes Genius, even bodymen have wrenches and I do have to turn them to make a living, I even have a socket set somewhere :)

Last edited:
Then shut up and go do it. The mere fact you are arguing every point shows off your guilt.

Of course ypu see it that way. The same way that you see you did nothing wrong.....other than contribute to putting an 80 year old in the hospital. And getting paid VERY WELL (in your words)
What you see as arrogance I see as confidence, Ill fix his truck and get paid ( almost nothing this time cause I want to help the guy out cause again I could have made the same dumb mistake ) and Ill fix anything he buys in the future.

Im a good guy that does good work. Nothing arrogant about that.

Of course ypu see it that way. The same way that you see you did nothing wrong.....other than contribute to putting an 80 year old in the hospital. And getting paid VERY WELL (in your words)

Oh but don't take his words out of context. lol

Or start a nightly propaganda show aka the evening news......................

1) I ask questions, LOTS of questions when a bucket o' **** project no matter how cool or interesting enters My sphere, #1 among them are operational/safety issues.
2) I would not tolerate a vehicle being in that condition on My premises w/o addressing & charging for correcting such for the safety of Myself, property & others.
3) The owner probably felt the project stalling & jumped the gun w/the body & paint, when the drivetrain work should've been completed/worked out first.
4) You are not liable for an existing condition the owner was aware of before,during, & after the project was in Your possession, nor said owners' mental lapse.
5) You are guilty of seeing a train wreck waiting to happen & doing nothing, but that ain't against the law, just an extension of negligence of the drivetrain goof.
6) That's a hell of an ordeal for an 80 year old to take, sounds like he's still got some spunk, hope He doesn't suffer any lingering effects but the memory!

I have a 62 Galaxie on my lift with a tranny rebuild being done and a few odds and ends. The owner is a kind man but his life did not revolve around mechanical stuff so he has to rely on others. Whomever upgraded the front brakes half *** it and I cringed when I saw it....

To each his own as to what is the right thing to do but for me that galaxie won't leave the shop until I correct the brakes. Whatever time it takes to make the repair pales in comparison to standing over the grave of someone who was sent 6 feet under because of something I could have prevented.....

JW

Excellent post and sums up what the OP cannot understand. Absolutely perfect.

I have a 62 Galaxie on my lift with a tranny rebuild being done and a few odds and ends. The owner is a kind man but his life did not revolve around mechanical stuff so he has to rely on others. Whomever upgraded the front brakes half *** it and I cringed when I saw it....

To each his own as to what is the right thing to do but for me that galaxie won't leave the shop until I correct the brakes. Whatever time it takes to make the repair pales in comparison to standing over the grave of someone who was sent 6 feet under because of something I could have prevented.....

JW

Then shut up and go do it. The mere fact you are arguing every point shows off your guilt.
Quite the opposite, and Im not arguing, if Im bored, I go online to check things out I might be interested in, if I see a post Im intererested in I comment, nothing more.

Guy is a ******* tool..don't waste your time
Ouch good one, name calling thru a keyboard, zinger...yah got me

If you maybe took half the time to read thru all the posts instead of just skimming thru and reading what you want to read that you would have seen from day one that the O.P admitted guilt in the incident.

Instead you just randomly comment. Good job :thumbsup:

1) I ask questions, LOTS of questions when a bucket o' **** project no matter how cool or interesting enters My sphere, #1 among them are operational/safety issues.
2) I would not tolerate a vehicle being in that condition on My premises w/o addressing & charging for correcting such for the safety of Myself, property & others.
3) The owner probably felt the project stalling & jumped the gun w/the body & paint, when the drivetrain work should've been completed/worked out first.
4) You are not liable for an existing condition the owner was aware of before,during, & after the project was in Your possession, nor said owners' mental lapse.
5) You are guilty of seeing a train wreck waiting to happen & doing nothing, but that ain't against the law, just an extension of negligence of the drivetrain goof.
6) That's a hell of an ordeal for an 80 year old to take, sounds like he's still got some spunk, hope He doesn't suffer any lingering effects but the memory!
I said 80 cause thats what I was told, not that it matters but his wife is still working, shes ready for retirement, hes prob. got 10 years on her, she definitely looks younger.
1-It was a cool project at the time.
2-Vehicle dropped off on a trailer when I wasnt there.
3-Vehicle not operated on my property after the initial incident, again pushed around for 3 months.
4- Id take another one just like it, Id take them all day long, givem to me, no brakes, eh Ok, Im only doing body and paint, nothing I need to be concerned about, no doors, eh, Ok Im only doing body and paint, just as long as Im not fixing your doors bringem too me, throttle cables stuck in their liners Eh, Ok Im only doing paint and bodywork, your problem not mine. Dodge trucks with Chevy engines, now thats where Im gonna start drawing the line. No more bastards in my shop :)

JW
Good post but it sounds like your a mechanical shop being paid to do mechanical work, so let me ask you....please respond since you took the time to make your initial post.

The brakes on the galaxie sound like their working but someone half assed them? So the car will stop but in your opinion the job just wasnt done right, so you contacted the owner, explained the situation, and upsold more work, he may have come down, inspected ect ect but either way you sold him more work.

Assuming the repairs cant be made without spending some decent money are you charging the man for the work ( Im guessng so )

What if the owner said G.Dammit I just paid that guy X amount of dollars to do my brakes and Im bringing the car back to X. Would you have held his car ransom until he paid you cause of your opinion that the brakes were not fixed properly ( Im not questioning your opinion )

Im certain that no matter how strongly you felt the brakes were messed up and the owner refused to pay you cause he already paid someone else to do the job you would have ( begrudgingly ) have finished up your work that you were getting paid for and had him ( possibly ) sign some kind of waiver ( which is what Im gonna do from now on ) and off he would have went.

Isnt that the way this would have went down?

I think some of you guys need to stick to pushing shopping carts at Publix or in Rustys case flipping flapjacks at the local Dennys.

Ive had several cars in my shop ( Ive only been in operation on my own for 3 years ) that are mechanically unsafe, before the 47 Dodge I did a 67 GTO ( its all side work, Im not a restoration shop ) that you had to pump the shizz out of the brakes to make stop. ( amongst a shiz load of other defects )

I didn't care, I wasnt getting paid to fix the brakes, I got paid to do great body and paint work, nothing more. If I didn't feel comfortable pumping the brakes than I would have to make a decision, 1- tell the guy to come get the P.O.S 2- pump brakes and hope for the continuing best 3- push the boat around.

I was getting paid a boat load of money for something that has always come easy to me so I wasnt about to choose door # 1, I chose door #2, did the job, guy came, paid me, put it on his trailer and off it went to become someone else s problem.

No disrespect to Tom but if the guy was dumb enough after he towed it out of here to get into it, turn the key and hit the freeway and couldn't stop his car than sorry to say hes a dumbass and he better have good insurance and I DO feel sorry for the person he injures God forbid it would have been someone other than himself.

So with that said, again stick to Publix and the local waffle house guys cause its obvious you dont have any wind in your sails.

And Rusty....your such a tool :elmer:

Good post but it sounds like your a mechanical shop being paid to do mechanical work, so let me ask you....please respond since you took the time to make your initial post.

The brakes on the galaxie sound like their working but someone half assed them? So the car will stop but in your opinion the job just wasnt done right, so you contacted the owner, explained the situation, and upsold more work, he may have come down, inspected ect ect but either way you sold him more work.

Assuming the repairs cant be made without spending some decent money are you charging the man for the work ( Im guessng so )

What if the owner said G.Dammit I just paid that guy X amount of dollars to do my brakes and Im bringing the car back to X. Would you have held his car ransom until he paid you cause of your opinion that the brakes were not fixed properly ( Im not questioning your opinion )

Im certain that no matter how strongly you felt the brakes were messed up and the owner refused to pay you cause he already paid someone else to do the job you would have ( begrudgingly ) have finished up your work that you were getting paid for and had him ( possibly ) sign some kind of waiver ( which is what Im gonna do from now on ) and off he would have went.

Isnt that the way this would have went down?

I will respond later.
Jw

God your such a tool :drama:
Says the Guy Who's spent more time posting & arguing about an incident than it would've taken Him to prevent it from happening...........................................

-
Back