A wierd friend

-

PanGasket

has cork sides
Reaction score
As everyone had been posting pictures of crazy insects as of late, figured I'd post one

Ive had her for going on 8 years now, she's prolly close to 9 years old. She'll live to be close to 30. She's a female Mexican Redknee Tarantula. I originally bought her thinking she was a male (average captive lifespan is 4-5 years) but shes kept kicking.

Most people go: eww, that thing is creepy. :toothy10:

IMG_0114.jpg

Most people go: eww, that thing is creepy. :toothy10:

X2. My hat's off to ya, guy. I can't imagine having something like that in my house on purpose, and I have nightmares about having them there accidentally. Shuddered again.

Eww, that thing is creepy. LOL

She has some pretty color to her. The wild ones we have around here are just all black.
My Wife went to take a shower one time and came out of the bath room screming about this huge spider. Biggest dang Tarantula I ever seen around here.

Eww, that thing is creepy. LOL

She has some pretty color to her. The wild ones we have around here are just all black.
My Wife went to take a shower one time and came out of the bath room screming about this huge spider. Biggest dang Tarantula I ever seen around here.

She is very docile. I dont think she would ever bite someone. She is the same breed they used in such movies as Indiana Jones. Thats why I got her lol. I looked at several other spiders ranging from bright blue in color to brown and all of them bore their fangs without hardly any threat, she didn't do much except kinda raise a leg to smell what was there

We have a few "lifer" pets. A turtle and 2 African Grey Parrots. Feel sorry for who ever they end up them when I "go away". Vocabulary is ,ummmmm, interesting. Last thing they picked up, Ra asks if you are farting over there, Cheeto responds NOOOOO, second or 3 later Ra asks want me to? Right now they are both yeliing f..ker fu..er, among other things....now they are mimicing my burping......

That's a cool and interesting pet. What did you name her? Just curious, does a spider have a strong bond with their owner?...like is she happy to see you when you come home? Does she like to be handled? How do you keep her home at the right temperature?

Thats awesome. I used to have a quarter sized black widow. I had her for six or so months at work. I think someone killed her. :(

I really want to get a western diamond back. I have always loved snakes and I think it would be way cool to have one. :) Maybe I will sooner than I think.

That's a cool and interesting pet. What did you name her? Just curious, does a spider have a strong bond with their owner?...like is she happy to see you when you come home? Does she like to be handled? How do you keep her home at the right temperature?

Oddly, just pretty much anything above 70 is fine by her. Her name is Ziggy. She kinda tries to make herself look mean when you go to pick her up, she doesnt get handled too much though because her favorite place to go for some reason is between the shoulder blades, so you really cant take your eyes off her. The only bond she has with me really is when I clean her tank and put in new bedding she stays when I want her to stay, which for a spider is a nice thing to have, better than nothing. LOL

That critter is kinda cool.....
Not that i would want one.
just neat to look at.
What do you feed it?
Purina Tarantula chow?

good looking spider! the only other one i have seen that had better marking was an indian ornamental spider (has a colorful under body) but they are super fast and kinda aggressive. while i worked at the invert exhibit at the zoo we had black widows, mexican red knees, brown recluses and a goliath bird eater (really cool and BIG turantula)

Thats way cool.I have never owned a spider... I always wanted a snake,and about 5 years ago my wife took me to the pet store, and she bought me a Mexican Rosie Boa. She is about 3 feet long, and will stay that size.Her colors are great.....my wife hates her.LOL
I like the spider....maybe when the dogs and cats are gone.
Andrew/kidd

i almost burned down my shop trying to kill a blackwidow, the fire dept told me just call the wife. happened 20 years ago. do think she would forget!!! hell no!

I don't have any kind of phobia towards insects, but when they start growing to the size of pie plates, that's just wrong. Gives one the heb-bee-gee-bee's. This is why, winter is a good thing.

-
Back