A8 aluminum blocks.

-

Lakeeffect

Drive Fast , Take Chances
Reaction score
So i was Bullshitting with the old man talking about the motor we are going to build when i get home. He mentions the A8 sprintcar blocks as a dream build of his . Did alittle searching Very pricey.

Being that the Mopar Dirt track crowd is small. He knows a guy that may have a few. He also admits he knows little about the block and what you could really do with it.

Im not looking for 800hp monster build but i do like the idea of a very weight balanced Valiant for the HPDE and AutoX i plan on doing with it. I also Like doing things alittle different than other people.

Just curious if anyone here has any First hand knowledge with them.

Thanks!:salut:
Shayne

Well I have no first hand experience... But I would LOVE to do a build with one of these... They can handle the power. Mopar performance would sell you one that would hit 8600rpm and makes 800+ horsepower.. But I can't afford one so I guess I'll have to wait. I do know that they are the 48 deg. blocks so most of the stuff doesn't interchange with the regular sb's.

Check out racingjunk.com for some prices on used parts.I,m thinking a s.b will do fine for your Valiant also affordable.:read2:

-
Back