A833 buying tips?

-
How did you make out? Price wise?
I paid $1500 for the transmission, bell housing with scatter shield, clutch, pressure plate, flywheel, clutch fork with boot, shifter with linkage, and z-bar.

I will need to get the correct shifter linkage since this was off a B body, and my E body needs longer rods. I also don't know if the z-bar will work, but he threw it in, just in case.

Does the trans you bought have the ball n trunion flange on the rear of the trans, if out of a 63?
Brewer's Performance informed me that the '63 Savoy didn't come with an A833, so I looked up the date code, and this is a 1970 gear box.

I feel like his price was fair. At least locally, most 4 speeds I see for sale are going between $800-1000 for just the gear box with tail shaft housing. Then you need all the other goodies.

$1500 isn't bad for all that if it works right?
If everything is good, than that is the average price on them.
If your trans looks like this you are good, this is out of a 70 Cuda 340 I parted out a year or so ago.
The Cuda was a rot bucket, I bought it just for the trans for $2500, but it was a complete car.

7naSfT.jpg

Well, Ive been through it albeit years back when things were less expensive.. I dealt with Brewer's good outfit. I was missing some parts, I had a lakewood scattershield but went back to stock, had to round up bellhousing z bar etc, plus the rebuild kit. I sitill need the dust shield that goes between the bottom bell cover and the oil pan...

The good news is that I have the A body 4 speed that I will sell to offset this cost. Originally, I was going to make the Scamp a 4 speed, but I've changed my mind. I was also happy to learn that I won't need to modify the tunnel for the E body.

The good news is that I have the A body 4 speed that I will sell to offset this cost. Originally, I was going to make the Scamp a 4 speed, but I've changed my mind. I was also happy to learn that I won't need to modify the tunnel for the E body.
You still have to add the hump, so if its an auto E-body, yes you have to cut the floor.

Thanks for the correction. Yes, it's an auto E body. Oh well, not a big deal.
Yeah its no big deal putting the hump in.
One thing that was weird with the one I cut out, it was only stich welded in about every 3 inches, then covered with that thick factory seam sealer.
Lazy worker that day.
Shame the car was too far gone, it was a nice car when it was built.
6xeZTP.jpg

Yeah its no big deal putting the hump in.
One thing that was weird with the one I cut out, it was only stich welded in about every 3 inches, then covered with that thick factory seam sealer.
Lazy worker that day.
Shame the car was too far gone, it was a nice car when it was built.
View attachment 1715798084
Stitch welds and seam sealer?? Talk about over kill! I was just gonna slap it together with machine screws, duct tape, and roofing tar!!:lol:

-
Back