A833 od help!

-

cecil4speed

Reaction score
Hi guys. Installing an OD in my Dart. All going well until I tried to install driveshaft. No way would it go in the transmission. Finally knocked off the rear seal and found a bushing in the tailshaft housing the same OD and ID as my slip tube. Do I have to get a smaller OD slip to fit the inside of this bushing or can I remove the bushing. Probably not because of aluminum tailshaft housing. In all my reading and research on these transmissions, no where did I read about having to change the driveshaft slip tube. Guess I won't finish this today. Thanks for any help, Keith.

There are two sizes of output shafts on the A833OD. One is the 904 size (smaller). One is the larger 727 size. Sounds like you've got the 727 size. You need the 727 slip yoke, and maybe the Ujoint depending on the slip yoke you get.

Yup. Just measured the output shaft. It is smaller at 1 1/8", than my regular A833. Funny thing. I have been talking to people for over a year and researching the differences in these transmissions.. No reference or article or anyone ever, ever mentioned there were two sizes of output shafts. Just wonderful. Guess I will have to order a yoke, thanks for the input.

-
Back