A833 od questions

-

bbizelli

Reaction score
Hey all, i recent got a 833 od transmission with the aluminum case. It’s the proper 12.5” tail shaft and it has a ITM shift mechanism on it but the linkages have been removed. I was looking on brewers yesterday and they have a hurst set for the od transmission however it states that it doesn’t work with all aluminum cased transmissions. Would anyone know where to get linkages for the itm shifter or what I would need to do to make sure the new hurst shifter would work? I planned on calling brewers this week to talk to them but I was just looking for some insight. Thanks!

I installed a regular shifter from a regular 2.66 low gear cast iron transmission from a 69 Barracuda; onto an F-body overdrive. Beside flipping the lever, There was no drama.
At some later date, I installed the regular 2.66 gear train into the alloy box of the F-trans, and still no drama. I even installed the alloy tail , still no drama.
At some later date I installed an old 70s Mr. Gasket Bang! Shifter; still no drama.
At some later date, I installed a Passon Performance alloy box.

What I'm saying is that in my case, everything worked with everything else, so IDK what could be different.

Oh wait, I seem to remember nylon isolators on some factory F-body external levers; I didn't have those. Maybe that's it.

I installed a regular shifter from a regular 2.66 low gear cast iron transmission from a 69 Barracuda; onto an F-body overdrive. Beside flipping the lever, There was no drama.
At some later date, I installed the regular 2.66 gear train into the alloy box of the F-trans, and still no drama. I even installed the alloy tail , still no drama.
At some later date I installed an old 70s Mr. Gasket Bang! Shifter; still no drama.
At some later date, I installed a Passon Performance alloy box.

What I'm saying is that in my case, everything worked with everything else, so IDK what could be different.

Oh wait, I seem to remember nylon isolators on some factory F-body external levers; I didn't have those. Maybe that's it.

A Body Mopar Hurst shifters are pretty much the same 1964-1976. The linkage and rods will work with them all. That is why I said to not fool with the ITM shifter, which is different.

-
Back