A999 bit of a bonus

-

elevensies

Reaction score
just had a call from the guy whos building my trans, and the new one i managed to pick up a month ago for him to do, is a A999.....which is a bit of a bonus......almost

as now we can fit 6 clutches into the front, but the clutch kit i bought only came with 9#-o

so now i need more....and cant get them in the UK so i need to import again:wack:

and whos open over new year lol...do you guys shut down for a week like it is here?

No. We don't shut down for a week at New Years. But the weeks is short. Everyone is getting ready to party tonight. (And they are having news stories about not shooting guns in the air. DUH)
But lots of things will be open on New Years day that weren't on Christmas or Thanksgiving.
Everything should be up an running next week. "The Holydays" are Thanksgiving, Christmas and then New Years. It's frantic and short weeks but after that you should be able to get what you need.
Hey. Of topic everybody.
What's the proper nomenclature for the typical lock up trans that Chrysler put in cars like a 86 Diplomat with a 318. Is that still a 999 or was it a 904 something?

just had a call from the guy whos building my trans, and the new one i managed to pick up a month ago for him to do, is a A999.....which is a bit of a bonus......almost

as now we can fit 6 clutches into the front, but the clutch kit i bought only came with 9#-o

so now i need more....and cant get them in the UK so i need to import again:wack:

and whos open over new year lol...do you guys shut down for a week like it is here?

First thing...how thick are the steels and clutch disc that came in the kit?

In order to get an additional clutch disc in the front drum you need the thin disc that are used in the rear drum.......

the thin clutch disc are either .068 or .061 thick...whereas the standard clutch disc is like .086 thick....I am pulling this numbers off the top of my head.....

check the thickness of the rear drums steels and clutch disc....that is the thickness that you need for to get an additional disc in the front drum......

Actually If I had a 5 disc front drum for a 999 I would just use the 5 thicker disc and be happy....

order in with copes, i had to really go with the thin ones, as i already have those that came in last months order..i only ordered enough for what i thought was a 904 drum

and whilst typing this......i hope the bands fit ok i got :0

-
Back