[SOLD] Abody 8 3/4" 741 case rearend with 3:55 gears and suregrip- $650 price lowered

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

1ToughDuster

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I'm selling a professionally narrowed 8 3/4 rear end that will fit an A body car such as a Duster, Demon, Valiant, early model Barracuda, etc. I just lowered the price from $750 to $650 due to it being a 741 case.

Here's the story on the rear end. A few years ago I was building my '74 Duster. I had the 360 built to 400hp on the motor and planned to add 125 shot of nitrous. I debated building the 8 1/4 rear end under the car but the masses here said that an 8 3/4 would handle the 500-550hp better.

So, I went all out on an 8 3/4 build. I found an 8 3/4" housing, found beefy C-body axles, bought a 741 (I originally posted that this was 742) case sure grip center section with 3:55 gears out of a '69 Road Runner. I did research and found that C body axles were thicker and stronger than A body axles and cheaper than aftermarket alloy axles. I sent the housing and axles to Moser Engineering to be narrowed 1" on each side and re-splined.

I had a mechanic put the rear end together for me and I painted it with black semi-gloss POR15. I even had 11" vs 10" brakes put on it. I realized when I got ready to install the rear end that because it's narrowed, I needed to relocate the springs and I'd also needed to replace the yoke and shorten my driveshaft due to the 8 3/4 center section being longer than the 8 1/4. So, I lost motivation and due to job requirements at the time, the Duster and rear end has just been sitting in the garage. I'm running out of storage space and have decided that I will just build the 8 1/4" that's under the car now that I have time to resume work on the car.

Only the rear end is for sale and I need to sell it today. I'm willing to ship it if you are willing to pay for shipping but I am willing to deliver it to you if you live within 2 hrs of the Atlanta area. Like I said, I need it sold today. I will indicate that it's sold once someone has bought it. The price is more than fair when you consider what a complete 8 3/4" A body rear end costs, IF you can find one.

You can pay via Paypal, cash, moneygram, or walmart to walmart and can ctext or call me at *** *** ****. Thanks.

rear2.jpg

rear3.jpg

rear1.jpg

rear4.jpg

rear5.jpg

Last edited:
I can measure it for you in the morning but here's how it was cut, I told Moser to make it one inch narrower on each side than a standard A body duster. They put the spring perches in the exact location as an A body 8 3/4 rear end. Also its a 741 case and not a 742.

Would you sell just the housing minus the 741?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back