About silikonet gaskets

-

Will_Swe

Reaction score
Hello!

To start with, i live in sweden where we dont have the same produkts in the shelf as you guys.

I have a 69 plymouth valiant With a 318 magnum, been hassling with megasquirt but finally gave up and order a speed master intake and edelbrock 1405,

Today I buy liquid gasket for the intake, thinking about using it together with cork gaskets in front and back.
I could only find permatex ultra grey (super grey) would that be sufficient?
My other alternative is Chinese liquid gasket under Swedish brand……

Best regards Will from Sweden.

If the permatex is oil and heat resistant should be ok.

Be sure to follow the directions

Some install directions say apply and let tac up BEFORE assembly.

If you install and tighten immediately the cork could squeeze out

Hello!

To start with, i live in sweden where we dont have the same produkts in the shelf as you guys.

I have a 69 plymouth valiant With a 318 magnum, been hassling with megasquirt but finally gave up and order a speed master intake and edelbrock 1405,

Today I buy liquid gasket for the intake, thinking about using it together with cork gaskets in front and back.
I could only find permatex ultra grey (super grey) would that be sufficient?
My other alternative is Chinese liquid gasket under Swedish brand……

Best regards Will from Sweden.
I wouldn’t use both on the front and back under the intake.
Always had great results using only the RTV and getting the intake on immediately.
Set the intake on and see what the gap is, then put a bead of RTV higher than that.

I use black RTV on the china walls, except I smear the under side of the intake as well, thus improving the stickshun.
I RTV the 4-corners but use nothing on the flanges, other than FelPro gaskets. That way I get to reuse those stinking expensive gaskets......

forget to say, you can also fill the the gap china wall/head/intake, then let it dry over night. If you want to remove it, then use a heat gun for disassembling!

Thank you all for answer, the super grey permatex is okey with oil and gas.
I think I skip the cork and use the RTV instead, testfitted today an will have about 3mm to fill out to the chinawall to intake. :)

-
Back