AC control, vacuum connector

-

charliec

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
'68 Dart with factory air.
Does anyone make a reproduction of this connector and hose assembly? Are the vacuum hoses permanently fastened into the connector? I thought I was going to replace the hoses with new, but the old ones don't seem to want to twist off of the connector. I don't want to force the issue and ruin the whole connector assembly if they're not supposed to come off.

20230911_120228.jpg

I'd be interested in knowing this too. I have searched a bit online but have so far been unable to find a reproduction. I'm looking for '72 Dart with air but I believe it to be the same part

i used small press fit nylon pipe/barb fittings and cut off mangled pipe and replaced with new
i.e the part near the connector is usually ok its the end that go into the engine bay and under the dash that often suffer

so small sections of replacment pipe were added by way of nylon double ended barb fittings

Dave

You can find B Body hose kits that would likely give you 95% (if not 100%) but I have not investigated.

I have seen the B-body kits

Here is one on eBay

With the cost, I'd hate to buy one hoping it would work then comparing and finding out it won't.

ALL the systems works the same. 3 actuators, one for defrost, one for temp blend (heater core/evaporator) and one for the recirculation door. The only thing that may need to be done is cut a hose or two and use it to lengthen another. You will have to map out the pins on the switch to the correct actuator and correct side of the actuator to do the correct thing in each position but i can be made to work. If you have the original is good condition it’s better to use that though.

ALL the systems works the same. 3 actuators, one for defrost, one for temp blend (heater core/evaporator) and one for the recirculation door. The only thing that may need to be done is cut a hose or two and use it to lengthen another. You will have to map out the pins on the switch to the correct actuator and correct side of the actuator to do the correct thing in each position but i can be made to work. If you have the original is good condition it’s better to use that though.
Understood but if I have to potentially cut and splice, may as well cut and splice my original one back where the hose is still soft.

Understood but if I have to potentially cut and splice, may as well cut and splice my original one back where the hose is still soft.

Exactly. I bought a couple nice soft connectors with about 6” of hose attached at Spring Fling in LA this spring just for spare parts. My 66 the connector was hard and I had to hack in some nipples and stub hoses to make it not leak too much vacuum. I can now fix it better if I ever have to.

-
Back