AC Evaporators, Condenser and HeaterCore Manufacture needs help from the ones doing the installs

-

CoolerClassics

Reaction score
I have taken over the manufacturing of these classic parts for my father. I have received come feedback about how my products are doing and I want to make them better/easier for the installer. I realized our issue was thinking this whole thing was fits these years but that's not the case. I have many samples but I am having a hard time knowing when and how to sell the parts because it's not as easy on the evaps as it is with our condensers. I figured who better to ask than you guys doing the work. I downloaded a few manuals for each year and I am noticing A body, B body and C body is not the way these are categorized. In one year there are still multiple options. For example I duplicated this evap for a 1960 Fury but the part numbers are not the same and the manual does not actually specify the parts for year or body style. How can I make this easier for the customer and what the correct part is supposed to be? We have been selling evaporators and heater core with the guidance of others that have purchased parts from us. I don't want to have you all hunting around looking for the right part or having to modify parts to "make it work". I have many more pictures of parts we have duplicated and I would like to make this process easier for all parties involved. Also if there are items I should modify to make it easier to install I can make those changes as well. I will post pictures and if you all can help me either identify or let me know I have something wrong I would appreciate the assistance. Thank you in advance I am posting a picture of two evaps that I believe are for A-Bodies there are slight differences and hoping you all as the experts can help me figure out this mystery. Or I might find out that these 2 are interchangeable and I am overthinking it. One major difference is one has pinholes on the bracket my part EV5772 and the other one has slits on the brackets EV5773.

As for the HeaterCore I thought those were finally correct as we modified those and have not had a return since 9/2021. Although I might have the applications incorrect. I am including the vpictures as well.

HC3070 I have fits: 65 66 67 68 69 70 Dodge Plymouth Chrysler A/C Dual Heater Core Coil
HC3071 I have fits: 62 63 64 65 Plymouth Dodge Fury B Body with factory air AC heater core
HC5777 I have fits: 69 70 71 72 73 Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth A/C Dual Heater Core Coil

I don't mean to bombard you all but I am sure if I can get these issues cleared up it will help all of you during install as well.

Ev5772 pin hole on sides.jpeg

EC5773.JPG

tempImageZH1pra.png

HC3071.jpg

HC5777.jpg

I'm 74. So I'm not as "agid" as I used to be. I have a few, disorganized. Ping me with a "conversation" (used to be PM) every month or two to remind me. I think I have a near complete AC box out of a 69, and a later 73? 74? have to figure out. I also have an earlier heater only box, 67/ 68 or so.

Are you able to find some old 3rd party catalogs with illustrations such as Everhot? And I no longer remember the other brands

You say you downloaded manuals, did you get both service and parts manuals?

I'm 74. So I'm not as "agid" as I used to be. I have a few, disorganized. Ping me with a "conversation" (used to be PM) every month or two to remind me. I think I have a near complete AC box out of a 69, and a later 73? 74? have to figure out. I also have an earlier heater only box, 67/ 68 or so.

Are you able to find some old 3rd party catalogs with illustrations such as Everhot? And I no longer remember the other brands

You say you downloaded manuals, did you get both service and parts manuals?
3rd party catalogs but not with illustrations. I downloaded both service and parts. I will PM you. Truly appreciate getting these right for everyone

Hollanders manuals show parts interchange.
Manufacturers always tried to keep parts design changes to a minimum.
Too many different parts make it hard for the car makers to streamline production.
Normally just changing a bracket or mounting hole was all that was needed.
Custom installs will always be custom. No easy solution.

Hi, First off I want to thank you for continuing to make parts for our old cars.

To me it looks like (top picture) they are both A-body evaporators. 65 to 72 is one style 73 to 76 is another. They are not very different from each other. But I don't think the will interchange due to the fire wall and floor changes made.

I do believe that HC3071 will fit the listed 62 63 64 65 Plymouth Dodge Fury B Body with factory air AC heater core.
It would be great if you also offered 65 B-body evaporator and condenser. If you need them I can loan them to you.

Hi, First off I want to thank you for continuing to make parts for our old cars.

To me it looks like (top picture) they are both A-body evaporators. 65 to 72 is one style 73 to 76 is another. They are not very different from each other. But I don't think the will interchange due to the fire wall and floor changes made.

I do believe that HC3071 will fit the listed 62 63 64 65 Plymouth Dodge Fury B Body with factory air AC heater core.
It would be great if you also offered 65 B-body evaporator and condenser. If you need them I can loan them to you.
I offer all the condensers. Those are what my father specialized in so that I have no issues with. I have a samples of a lot of evaporators but trying to figure out what applications they are for is the problem I am running into. Which vehicle are you referring to for the 65 as I do have a few and maybe together we can determine I have the correct part.

This won't cover everything but what about offering a new condenser for a really discounted price if they send you the old, O.E. part to cross reference or duplicate? That will give you an actual factory part to catalog.
It won't help people that want to add a/c to a car that didn't have it if you don't already have a reference part, but it will help most people.

-
Back