AC in a 71 Duster

-

71dusterdan

Reaction score
Hey fellas, quick question did a 71 Duster with AC lose the passenger side fresh air vent under the dash? I have everything to install late model magnum based AC on my car, but the under dash unit and heater core never even seen an A-body with air. Not sure I'd want to give up those nice little vents. Thanks. If anybody has pics of a 71 A body with air I'd love to see them. Thanks

The shop manuals have a good drawing of the evap unit. If you don't have a factory AC car, your firewall is different than an AC car

Page 24-57 of the 71 Plymouth chassis manual

301lv8j.jpg

w7lkyw.jpg

I have a 71 duster with factory AC and two leaf blower boxes in it

Now that's funny! I have a radiator for '72 Valiant, v-8, A/C. It is new, but , I'm not sure if I am going to keep it. I have a 383 in car now and it may not be enough to cool it. I am hoping to have car running in the next couple of weeks. So, if you can wait ... or if you can't...... Shipping should be a nightmare. BTW, My Valiant has 58K original m. Guess we got lucky. Later, Tom

Now that's funny! I have a radiator for '72 Valiant, v-8, A/C. It is new, but , I'm not sure if I am going to keep it. I have a 383 in car now and it may not be enough to cool it. I am hoping to have car running in the next couple of weeks. So, if you can wait ... or if you can't...... Shipping should be a nightmare. BTW, My Valiant has 58K original m. Guess we got lucky. Later, Tom

I can probably wait. I am just leakin, not over heatin. Those size, and not weight, based shipping options from usps are nice.

And, it started with a rattle sound, and then silence... then a pine cone shot out, followed by a hailstorm of needles and leaves. I tasted pine for hours.

-
Back