AC vent below dash

-

carcrazyguy

Reaction score
Checking all the lights, horn, wipers and blinkers on the 71 Dart today before going to get it inspected and noticed the blinkers are not flashing. In researching the flasher location which shows to be behind the ashtray. I am going back out to the shop tonight to pull the AC vents. When I take those loose, is it just the AC vent or does the box/blower behind the vent come out together??

2 nuts in holes from bottom up through the duck on studs in the dash. A foam seal between the duct and the case.

Thanks! Just got home from dinner, gonna change clothes and head to the shop. HOPEFULLY, I can get all the gremlins sorted out tonight and get it inspected and tagged tomorrow!!

2 trips to the auto parts store for different bulbs and the correct flasher (the second trip), a couple of hours work, and hand and arms that look like I have been attacked by a cat......all the lights, blinkers, wipers, flashers, horn, key buzzer, and door buzzer are all now fully operational!!! Got my appointment for inspection at 7:15am....

Just another picture post... :)

Picture 005.jpg

2 trips to the auto parts store for different bulbs and the correct flasher (the second trip), a couple of hours work, and hand and arms that look like I have been attacked by a cat......all the lights, blinkers, wipers, flashers, horn, key buzzer, and door buzzer are all now fully operational!!! Got my appointment for inspection at 7:15am....
If anyone asks about your arms tell 'em "barbed wire garter belt" LOL

Back in the day when I worked at the dealer, I was called "The Weasel" because I could change cluster lights without pulling the cluster.
Small hands and wrists did me in. I got all that crap back then.
I would rather do 318 with A/C water pumps than mess with some of that stuff.
After the senior mechanics tried for the better part of a day to find a thunk in the rear of a brand new New Yorker they called me. 1 hour later I told the service manager that I found the problem. He looked at me in disbelief so I pointed to the problem area. Somebody had failed to place a bushing in the front spring eye on the right rear spring!! I spent 45 minutes in the trunk as the porter drove me around town. And they wonder why Mopar had a crappy qaulity reputation.

-
Back