ACC carpet for my 66 Barracuda

-

Michael Brisebois

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Now that Spring has arrived , its time to get back to my re-ferb. Not really a restoration, but some interior, some exterior and ending with new paint. I'm wondering if there's an opinion on carpet brand. I want the "original" look...no pile, there's a few brands out there and pricing seems to vary.

Your thoughts please

Now that Spring has arrived , its time to get back to my re-ferb. Not really a restoration, but some interior, some exterior and ending with new paint. I'm wondering if there's an opinion on carpet brand. I want the "original" look...no pile, there's a few brands out there and pricing seems to vary.

Your thoughts please
From what I have seen you can buy carpet from several places, but when arrives it will be ACC. They recently bought TrimParts.

And almost all carpet kits for early A will be level loop, not cut pile! Level loop is the correct style!

And almost all carpet kits for early A will be level loop, not cut pile! Level loop is the correct style!
I recently redid my 85 D150. Wanted loop carpet. The only thing I could find was cut pile. Correct for the truck. I contacted Ardvark Motors and they said they could get loop for the truck. I ordered it and sure enough when it arrived it was ACC

ACC has 2 different grades of carpet. They have the cheaper kind that most of us buy, and they also have some that's a better grade carpet and has more padding. It also has more to trim off at the door jambs, so if you cut it off 3 times and it's still too short....it's YOUR fault, lol. ECS in MO, and Motor Parts South in NC sell that carpet. ECS will ship it flat, but it costs a bunch more due to shipping the huge box.

-
Back