acc lights & time relay connection

-

hardcharger426

Reaction score
Hey Mopar Guys,

I have a 71 Duster with the a01 package.

What does the plug for the accesory lights and time relay connection connect to? It's right behind the ash tray. Its a T plug with a black and a black/yellow 2 wire.

Thanks,

Hey Mopar Guys,

I have a 71 Duster with the a01 package.

What does the plug for the accesory lights and time relay connection connect to? It's right behind the ash tray. Its a T plug with a black and a black/yellow 2 wire.

Thanks,

I thought I answered in your radio thread. It goes to exactly where the shop manual diagram says --the headlight buzzer.

Download the 72 shop manual.

Look on page 8-150, 8-151 which is the under--dash stuff for A bodies. On 8-150, lower left of page, find the connector labeled "HEADLIGHT BUZZER RELAY CONNECTOR." Notice that this is the connector you described, a T shaped connector with two blacks and a yellow going to it. IT IS NOT NEEDED for normal operation.

============================================================

The time delay is a different setup. I don't know where it's located exactly

Look at page 8-163, which shows the Satellite delay relay. (A body stuff does not seem to be there)

"Ignition switch time delay wiring" Notice the far left connector says, "part of inst. panel harness" and has two wires going to the single pin connector, both yellow

Attachments

• buzzer.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 133
  • delay.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 126
Hey Dart,

Thanks for helping me out. You seem to be all over this stuff.

Basically I'm building a car from almost scratch. I bought a roller 6 years ago with no motor and no interior. Then it came with a bunch of stuff in the trunk that came from a bunch of different cars. So trying to figure out where all this stuff goes or what it came from is a hugh pain.

When all is said and done this poor car is going to be built with stuff from 5 different cars. Front suspension 73 dart, rear end 66 charger, headliner/seat belts 72 duster, visors/ mirror 73 dart. 360 71 fury, 727 73 challenger.

All the help you and the guys on here are providing is much appreciated. Thank you

Yer welcome. Post back if you still don't find it. Big problem on my end is I have no 71 manual / wiring diagram. So I have to skip between the 70/ 72 manuals, which seem to be similar.

AND Ma seemed to have left some of the A body accessories wiring out of the manuals. But as before, the Satellite stuff is usually "similar enough."

-
Back