Accel 8140m info

-

thanson_mopar

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me why accel lists thier "chryler superstock coil" for years 79-92, do those years run less resistance ballasts? Its seems a bit odd that they list the primary resistance at 1.400 ohms...almost as much as a points coil....seems a bit much for the earlier electronic ignitions that already have resistance. thanks

There's a lot more science to an ignition coil than primary D.C. resistance. This gets into transformer theory that is being re-written even today.

I have no idea how this coil performs in the long run. Just sayin'

I used to run a universal 8140 on my duster, I called summit and thats what they sent me even though I had an electronic ignition. I dealt with a ignition issue for awhile due to running this coil. Got ahold of a SS breakerless electronic ignition coil and problem was gone. I was just trying to compare....the 8140 runs around 1.5 ohms compared to the .7 ohms in the breakerles. I noticed that the 8140m they list for the later chryslers has very similar specs to the standard universal 8140 (that is meant for points ignitions).

-
Back