Accelerator pedal question - 65 Barracuda v8

-

pstu

Reaction score
Hello, couldn't find a clear answer in other threads so I'll ask. Below is the accelerator pedal that was bouncing around loose in my '65 barracuda v8 that I recently purchased. It looked like a piece was missing at the top so I ordered a replacement pedal from classic industries, which has the same 2 holes and nothing else at the top. Is there supposed to be a plate of some sort there? Does the pedal attach to the "spoon" shaped accelerator assembly?
IMG_2747.jpg

It does Not attach, but just Rides on the Spoon.
There is a Lil white plastic Pad that goes there it contacts the Spoon.

Can I order the pad somewhere? Does it really matter if I don't have it? I'm surprised classic industries didn't include it.

I'm surprised too, especially for the Prices they ask.
I wouldn't sweat it, You won't notice the difference there or not.

Can I order the pad somewhere? Does it really matter if I don't have it? I'm surprised classic industries didn't include it.
I am extremely surprised it's not included. It will wear the pedal pretty rapidly I believe, without it. It certainly has the two holes there for it to install. I'd call and ask them about it.

I believe it to be a "wear pad"...just something to reduce friction.
It should have come with that, but you could silicone glue a 1/8" thick piece of Nylon or Delrin there

I had bought a couple of these, to replace the one on my "66"...none were like the factory pedal.
On mine: the hinge broke.
I finally found a hardware-store hinge and adapted it to my original, job done

Yeah, it should have a white nylon pad in that location. I don't know anyone making them, but, you should be able to make and glue one on. I'd add a bit of silicone grease where it contacts the bell crank arm to reduce wear and prevent any sticking.

Yeah, I bought the same replacement pedal, no pad. My original is still in the car. The wear pad on mine fell on floor at the race track. I bummed some silicone off a helpful racer nearby and slapped it back on. Made the next round which I probably lost. : ) The pad is still on there today.

Quick update - I contacted Classic Industries, they've asked that I provide pictures of what was delivered and should be getting back to me. Coincidentally, I found the piece of plastic with broken tabs on the back in the box of random parts that came with the car. Progress!

Classic Industries got back to me and said the pedal was an "Overmold", so the plastic piece is included in the part. I let them know I respectfully disagreed, since the mounting holes are clearly there on the ear. I'll be sending it back for a refund.

-
Back