Accessory Bracket Confusion

-

Prine

A-Body Fanatic
Reaction score
I have been pulling my hair out today....trying to figure out my Accessory Bracket Setup for my 74 Duster 360.

I acquired my Duster with most of the accessory components in the trunk....the AC stuff was already removed/discarded....MOST of the brackets were in coffee cans/boxes in the trunk.

I have flipped and repositioned each bracket over and over and over....and nothing is mounting up or lining up correctly.

For Clarification, My Duster is: 360ci, PS, AC (but trying to get a working setup withOUT the Compressor mounted).

Can anyone help me identify correct and incorrect brackets?...maybe let me know which brackets are missing...ect?

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

Thanks in advance.........:read2:

the long L shaped brackets with a bolt hole on each end, mount from the bottom of the trans to the block, one of the triangle brackets are for the alt. the bottom hole shares the bolt with the long adjuster bracket you already have mounted, the bracket with 2 bolt holes and a big hole mounts on the intake, drivers side rear, for the throttle cable, and the hose to the brake booster runs thru the big hole, it looks as if you have a few different engines worth of brackets there, so it will be trial and error to match a set up, I hope this somewhat helps you out, I don't know how to post pics on here, but if you im me a cellphone no# I can send you pics of my brackets.

Mark

i think the one on the p/s side is the alt top bracket, the other triangle one on the table should have TOP stamped in it and is part of the P/S setup

Prine, 2 of the triangle brackets you have appear to be for the power steering. Your pump looks like the Saginaw type and mine is a Federal setup, so I'm not sure if they're the same. I am also in the midst of a P/S change-over. What a PITA :angry7:. Good Luck

If you have a spare pair of the trans to block braces I'd like to have them. Good luck

Looks like you have some spare parts! I thought I do good when I get done and only have 3 or 4 bolts left over:cheers:

I think you have 3 sets of engine to tranny brackets. I can look tonight and confirm, but I think the longer bracket goes on the right side. I've circled these in yellow.
You have a set of sway bar brackets that bolt to the underside of the K frame, circled in black.
Macdaddy relayed the bracket with the large hole in it.
A suggestion, remove these brackets and post another pic of what's left.
BTW, your lower ps brackets look correct.
C

-
Back