Accidental A-body newbie in Connecticut

-

simonwt

Reaction score
Couldn't resist picking up this project, and currently planning to restore for use by one of our teenagers, 1964 V200, with 26,000 original miles on it. Long time British car guy (being British...) but I did previously own a 71 Duster and a 75 Dart Sport (when they were new-ish), so this project is a homecoming of sorts. Looking forward to tapping into all your knowledge, after I pick the car up tomorrow from the beautiful island of Nantucket.

436C39A3-1BAD-4446-92B6-C6239EF66F22.jpg

IMG_2113.jpg

IMG_2108.jpg

Awesome ride and welcome . Love the gen I , A-bodies . If you fine any more like that let me know . I live in New Hampshire so it's not that far away . there is a great group of Mopar heads in Conn . they do a lot of stuff . It's called "Mopars in Motion" . Big event coming up at Papa's Dodge in New Britian , check it out . Later, Tom

Luckily this time of year you don't have to be on standby for the ferry back to Hyannis.

Welcome, and that looks like a great start.
Teenage driver, 1st thing is to add disk brakes.

Welcome to FABO.... :welcome:

There once was a man from Nantucket..... :D

Very nice car! That push button transmission takes me back to a 63 Dodge Polara I had, it had a 383 2 bbl, I swapped the intake manifold and Thermoquad from a 400 on to it, then got headers with dual exhaust installed, ran pretty darn good. But that tranny even with the stock 2bbl intake and exhaust would chirp the tires on a 1-2 upshift.

Granted it was a rough body with lots of bondo on it, and every time I would get on it the engine would do the blue smoke thing after I bailed, so I always had oil in the trunk for it.

Had a kid with a mid 70's Z28 pull up one time and yelled "Why don't you take that POS and drop it off at the Junk Yard and I'll drive you home" I replied, "if you can beat it, your on! If not, I'll follow YOU to the Junk Yard.

He lost, then didn't follow through on the deal, jerk!

-
Back