Accurate Digital Tire Pressure Gauge

-

MB43

Reaction score
Does anybody have any recommendations for an ACCURATE digital tire pressure guage? I have (had, actually) an "Accutire" unit, but it really sucked. I compared it to a Moroso 0-15 psi gauge one day at the track, the Accutire said 16 psi, the Moroso said 11 psi. 5 psi is a big difference when the tires in question are slicks.

So... Who's got what?

Spend your money on a quality gauge, I like longacre myself, not because its accurate, but because its consistant. Then always use that gauge, always use a log book, and don't beleive the guy next to you when he says to run ## pressure. Trail and error and a gauge that gives consistant readings will make you faster.

ps: for you smart asses, by consistant, I do not mean a gauge that will always tell you your pressure is 15 lbs.

66FormulaS said:
Spend your money on a quality gauge, I like longacre myself, not because its accurate, but because its consistant. Then always use that gauge, always use a log book, and don't beleive the guy next to you when he says to run ## pressure. Trail and error and a gauge that gives consistant readings will make you faster.

ps: for you smart asses, by consistant, I do not mean a gauge that will always tell you your pressure is 15 lbs.

You mean the needle isn't always supposed to be on 15 :drunken: :geek:

I agree that you should just get a good quality guage and stick to that guage. Since you race regularly you should have a log with all the info from each of your runs. It doesn't matter if your guage reads 11 when someone elses reads 13 on the same tire, just go by one guage all the time and you'll stay consistant.

I take notes and log all sorts of data when I'm racing. Tire pressures, air quality, temp, humidity, barometric pressure, densitity altitude, how many hot dog's I ate that day, etc, etc, etc.

The problem is the old gauge I had would tell me that one tire was 13 psi, the other was 16 psi. Then I'd check it with a Moroso gauge (which I know is a hell of a lot more accurate than the one I was using) and I'd find that both tires were 8 psi (for example). It wasn't accurate, and it wasn't consistent.

Where can I find the gauge that you spoke of (longacre)?

I use a Snap-on digital gauge that I bought in 1996, it measures to the tenth of a pound. Very accurate and dependible!! I could get you a part # off of it if needed?? I usually run 10.0 or 10.1 pounds of air in my slicks.

DARTSPORT said:
I use a Snap-on digital gauge that I bought in 1996, it measures to the tenth of a pound. Very accurate and dependible!! I could get you a part # off of it if needed?? I usually run 10.0 or 10.1 pounds of air in my slicks.
Yes, that would be helpful. Thanks!

Snap-on guy was at my shop today. Digital tire gauge is still available, same one I use. PART # EEPV501AR , price is $85.00 . Measures 0 psi to 99.9 psi. Very accurate for me with the slicks. Measures in tenths of a pound..

-
Back