ACK! Dome light

-

MoparDaddy

Damn Right I Carry!
Reaction score
I have a 90 d250. I put a bulb in my done light and the darn thing stays illuminated! All the door jamb switches function correctly. I pretty sure it's safe to assume that it's getting power! Lol

It could be in the light switch, I think, no I am sure when you twist the head light switch it turns it on.. turn it clock wise to turn it off

It could be in the light switch, I think, no I am sure when you twist the head light switch it turns it on.. turn it clock wise to turn it off

Lol unfortunately that don't work for me. PO was a truck driver and decided there weren't enough switched to operate the lights.... Now I have about 8 toggles total to turn the dang lights on. That however may be the whole problem.

I'm not 100% sure about a '90 but in the older vehicles the dome lights has power on the + side all the time, and is turned on and off by connecting the ground wire. So if any of the wires running to the door switches or the headlight switch get pinched or worn and make contact with the body, then the light will stay on.

I'm not 100% sure about a '90 but in the older vehicles the dome lights has power on the + side all the time, and is turned on and off by connecting the ground wire. So if any of the wires running to the door switches or the headlight switch get pinched or worn and make contact with the body, then the light will stay on.

I'll check it out. A wrong theory is better than no theory!

-
Back