Adams 71 Dart

-
i have a dash cap on my duster it fits vary nice just some prep work and glue. looks like the real deal or you could just buy a repo dash. car looks good by the way

Good to see you got another car Adam!
I hope that you can hang on to this one!

VERY nice A R. I just WISH my front-engined-dragster project was coming along as well.

Looks good Adam. The Red would look good on it. Are you going with the dual scoops and stripe? I always thought it would be cool to make the scoops functional like on the 69 Coronet R/T's. I've heard of some one doing it and it turned out real sweet... looked stock too. Good luck with it ( I know you'll keep us posted). I always like look @ your post and seeing how you're comming along

Thanks for the kind words guys.

I spent some time going threw the boxes of parts. Looks like most everything is there, though I am missing the passanger side header, LOL

I also pulled the dash out so I can do the wiper seals and fix the wiring from the groovy 70 Pioneer radi (fits in the stock radio hole) and the add on EQ.

I think other then the Dash pad, (anyone use a dash cap before?) Front seat cover, and headliner the interior just needs a good cleaning.

Hey if that`s one of those Pioneer Super Tuners I`d hold on to it, they were state of the art back then and sounded killer through a set of Jensen 6 x 9 `s and an equalizer. Been there ,done that. Lol!.

Yup, Its a super tuner. Not sure if it works. I'll leave it in for now but the EQ needs to go. I do have astock 71 Dart radio incase b ut I would much rather not be stuck with AM, LOL

Looks good Adam. The Red would look good on it. Are you going with the dual scoops and stripe? I always thought it would be cool to make the scoops functional like on the 69 Coronet R/T's. I've heard of some one doing it and it turned out real sweet... looked stock too. Good luck with it ( I know you'll keep us posted). I always like look @ your post and seeing how you're comming along

Yes its going to get the dual scoops. The hood is all ready drilled for it. Just need to do the 4" holes and get a set of scoops and seals.

Most likely it will be red with a black top and butt stripe. No black out on the hood.

I had some time today so I pulled some more stuff out of the way.

I removed the steering box and dropped the tie rod to get the header out. I also removed the brake lines which turned out to be a accident waiting to happen. They were all real thin.

I degreesed the K frame and masked up all the holes in the engine bay. It needs another coat of primer and some finish sanding now.

I also stripped out the rest of the interior so I can do the jams. I found a build sheet under the front and rear seats. neither in very good shaper however.

IM000831.JPG

IM000830.JPG

IM000829.JPG

IM000828.JPG

IM000827.JPG

Just seen your car AdamR!!:thumbrig: Big time wow!!:blob:
My computer has been down.
I like this one even beter. Congratulations

I sure have missed allot this past week or so.:axe:

wow that is real solid and with a four speed that thing is gonna be bad a$$ have fun with that one and for heavens sakes keep it when your done. Good luck Justin

Wow Adam, you don't waste any time!
Lookin great. I see no problem areas in there anywhere.
Can't wait to see it completed. Maybe once my 69 is together we can get the cars together for a cruise to Marcus Dairy.

George

Wow, look how nice those floors are in that Dart! That is a really nice solid Dart and if it turns out anything like you had that Scamp fixed up that is gonna be one cool ride. Thats a keeper there.

good seing adam having an abody again! looks like a real nice one! keep the pics coming:)

Awesome! I love it! I always wanted a 70 or 71, my tastes would be to paint it Sublime or Plum Crazy.

Im pretty much set on FE5 Red, the original color. I hate trying to choose a color so I just paint them what ever it says on the tag now. Much easier, LOL

I started blocking the driver side 1/4 yesterday. I was hoping I could go right to 400 wet but it needs a good amount of blocking and the primer is rock hard to Im going to have to pick up some 180 and a much longer board. I'll block it with the 180 Dry, fix a few spots re prime with Hi-Build and block again with the 400 wet.

IM000846.jpg

IM000845.jpg

IM000844.jpg

IM000843.jpg

IM000842.jpg

IM000841.jpg

Did you spray that primer or was it on there? If it came with the car, it might be a good idea to get rid of it and sand it off.

It was there but I know who did the work and have pictures of everything under it.

I just ordered a assortment of Dura-Blocks and a roll of 180. That should make things easier.

Mighty Nice!
A little elbow grease and it'll look better'n new!

Had some time to play with the car again today.

I decided to go through the hardware and make sure it was all there. I decided to bolt the fenders back up before I start blocking so I can make sure my body lines match up. Glad I did because I went to bolt up the front passenger side fender extension and realized it didnt have any mounting studs left.

I also bolted in the battery tray which needs to be primed and painted with the engine bay.

IM000848.JPG

IM000849.JPG

IM000850.JPG

IM000847.JPG

-
Back