Adams 71 Dart

-
Looks freakin awesome dude! I can't wait to see it. Is the car at your place so I can have a look-see next weekend??

Keep up the fantastic work!

George

wow adam the progress you are making is awesome man! your doing a great job man! we need a burnout vid of that thing when shes done man! I wish mine was coming together that fast

I believe the hooks are different. My car is actually a 71, I plan on using a 70 rear bumper though. However I could use a 71-72 Scamp bumper which would use the 71 Dart bumper.

Hell I thought it was a 70. I guess the emblems on the quarter threw me off. Let me know if you can use it or not depending on which bumper you go with. Its not going anywhere any time soon!

Got all the engine compartment wiring done today. Had to fix some old splices in the engine harness I got and wire in the ECU.

I also got the booster bolted in and figured out were the braces went. I still need to replace all the brake lines, (probably should have done it before putting the motor in) and I need a brake distribution block because the old lines had frozen in to it.

If I had a battery and a exhaust I could start this thing.

The exhaust is going to be the biggest hurdle. I really dont want headers on it and the price of 340 manifolds is crazy (especially when your broke, LOL)

I may actually just say screw it and bolt on a set of 318 manifolds to get this thing going.

I decided to toss and old battery in the car tonight and see if the lights, heater, ect worked. They dont. With in a few minutes I saw some smoke which turned out to be a broken wire to the from driver side marker light. Thats now fixed.

The blower motor works, The wiper motor doesnt.

For some reason the coil was making a buzzing noise. A word of advice. If your coil is making noise, Dont grab it. Zap.

I decided to toss and old battery in the car tonight and see if the lights, heater, ect worked. They dont. With in a few minutes I saw some smoke which turned out to be a broken wire to the from driver side marker light. Thats now fixed.

The blower motor works, The wiper motor doesnt.

For some reason the coil was making a buzzing noise. A word of advice. If your coil is making noise, Dont grab it. Zap.
Adam, did the headlights, radio, horn, tail lights etc work?
If you need any help, let me know.

George

The car is looking great adam so that harness did work out for you good to hear

George, I was checking the interior lights and marker lights. Still need to pick up a set of headlights and I need a set of tail light housings.

No go on any lights. Not even dash lights..

Mike, Thanks for the harness. I soldiered all the splices. It should be ok.

Adam you did a great job on my car. The guy I bought it from scavenged the SG 3:55, carb some other parts. body still straight, new Procar buckets, Painless wiring, Edelbrock performer intake, Champion 3 row aluminum, hi flow water pump, 110 gph mech fuel pump. Had trouble with it this year. replaced the mech fuel pump twice, blew out the lines & hooked up the elec fuel pump still can't keep the gas flowing. something in the gas tank I'm thinking.

340 pie plate (1).JPG

Adam you did a great job on my car. The guy I bought it from scavenged the SG 3:55, carb some other parts. body still straight, new Procar buckets, Painless wiring, Edelbrock performer intake, Champion 3 row aluminum, hi flow water pump, 110 gph mech fuel pump. Had trouble with it this year. replaced the mech fuel pump twice, blew out the lines & hooked up the elec fuel pump still can't keep the gas flowing. something in the gas tank I'm thinking.

View attachment 1715247267

I don't think I ever dropped the fuel tank. Could be a clogged filter on the sending unit or a pin hole in the rubber line from the sendingbubit to the steel line.

-
Back