Addco front swabar

-
So when are you selling these :thumleft:....looks better than what Addco had in mind. Does it work with the older bars? Mine is Red, did you paint yours? this is something I need to revisit on my car....

This is for the #150 bar it came with an angle lug to mount the bushing brackets vertical, and was weak!

Shotgun, this is a battle I'm having now. The original mounting method really sucks. I don't see how it's possible for the Addco setup to work even marginally. My bar would have extreme angles on the end links. Not a good design.
Is this something you sell?

Great pics!
I just mounted my Addco bar 2 months ago and their mounting method sucks! They are almost as bad as the directions they supply. I ended up buying the Energy Suspension mounts. They worked good but I would have rather made them myself using your dimensions and saved $50.

No this is not something I sell but any fab shop could make it for you or like 69Dart340 said Energy Susp mounts will work

I searched and did not find to much on a way to mount this bar properly and read complaints on how bad the mounting system was on Addco bars. I just thought I would post this to help everybody who had purchased this kit. I read about the Energy Susp mounts and basically copied their system. I also replaced the 5/16 bolts on the end links with 3/8 bolts and used a longer spacer to clear the lower ball joint.

Hope this helps somebody....

I put an Addco sway bar on my Duster and hated the mounts they supplied, i used the factory mounts and cut a bigger hole in the bushing and they worked perfectly.

Those custom brackets look like a good solution. The Summit ones seem like they might be OK, too. I customized my own several years ago. I did use the Energy Suspension loop and poly bushings.

Here's what I did. The Addco single L-bracket had demonstrated that it was too flimsy. I retained the vertical mounting, but I fabbed top & bottom L-brackets out of heavy angle stock.

I also had trouble with the end links. The Addco links interfered with the strut rods -- it was like the ends of their bar were too close together. So I tossed the whole mess and fabbed up my own using 7/16" rod ends from Pegasus Racing. No bushings at all.

Attachments

• new-bracket.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 210
  • bracket_set.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 187
  • endlink003.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 195
  • endlink005.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 206
One more thought -- I think my approach maintains a little more ground clearance. On the other hand, if you bang the vertical bracket on something, it is probably going to bend the K-frame flange. Shotgun's low-mounted bar would probably just skim over most obstacles.

I just got my bar installed last week. Im with you guys on the mounting tabs. My car has not made it on the road yet. Im sure Im going to need to address these mount soon. If afraid how close they are now that it will appy too much torque on the bar for the tabs to handles. I feel they really should be mounted as close to the bends as possible.
52984263613956306604213.jpg

Sounds like their poor instructions and bad mounts haven't changed in decades. I put an Addco front sway bar on my 69 Dart ~1992, bought via J.C. Whitney. I recall it didn't explain exactly how to mount the brackets to the K-frame. Mine looked like 71 Swing's, and hung down so far you could see it looking at the front.

For my 65 Dart, I will try using a junkyard Volare sway bar and connect it to the strut rods at the LCA, as my C-body does.

-
Back