Addco rear sway bar from Summit

-

cudajim

cudajim
Reaction score
I ordered a rear sway bar from Summit and installed it over the weekend. According to their web site it is supposed to fit a 67 Barracuda/6cyl. The first problem was that the bar is designed to fit a 8-3/4" rear end only. I have the smaller & lighter 7-14" rear end so the U-bolts were too long and the brackets were too big. The 2nd problem was that the end links were too short for the application. I modified things to fit with parts I had lying around but it should have been much easier.

I ordered a rear sway bar from Summit and installed it over the weekend. According to their web site it is supposed to fit a 67 Barracuda/6cyl. The first problem was that the bar is designed to fit a 8-3/4" rear end only. I have the smaller & lighter 7-14" rear end so the U-bolts were too long and the brackets were too big. The 2nd problem was that the end links were too short for the application. I modified things to fit with parts I had lying around but it should have been much easier.

I put one on front of my F body once and would not use their stuff again if it was free, it did not fit worth a crap, i took the car in about a year later for some front end work and the tech could not even get it back on the car. I drove it home with it home with the sway bar tied up with wire and then fought with it for 2 hours to get it back on.

Hows about some pictures of the final result? I like sway bars. Got a front and rear from firmfeel. 1.25 front for our Jensen. nothing installed on the Duster. yet.

It wouldda been easier if you had a 8.750.

I have ADDCO bars on the front and rear of my 68 Barracuda, fit well and easy install. I have a 73 spool k-member so have the through the K bar up front. The rear of my car sits a couple of inches higher than stock so I picked up and end link kit at Autozone for a couple of bucks that was longer to keep the bar horizontal.

The bars do a nice job of keeping the car flat in corners

I have ADDCO bars on the front and rear of my 68 Barracuda, fit well and easy install. I have a 73 spool k-member so have the through the K bar up front. The rear of my car sits a couple of inches higher than stock so I picked up and end link kit at Autozone for a couple of bucks that was longer to keep the bar horizontal.

The bars do a nice job of keeping the car flat in corners

I have used ADDCO rear bars in the past with the only problem being the links were too short. I did have a 8-3/4" rear end however. Up front I have a bar from Firmfeel and it fit perfectly.

-
Back