addco sway bar

-
Anyone have a link to pictures of the addco bar being installed, or installed?

Do yourself a favor and buy the energy suspension swaybar adapter mounting kit for the k-member brackets. Look that up in Summit.

They look similar to the black bracket in front of my old sway bar in this picture when I had a 67/68-72 type K-member.

suswbrkt.jpg

I have a set, front and rear, I'd post pics, but the car is 100 miles away from me at the moment. As I recall, the front Addco bar mounts on a angle adapter and only one bolt holds the bushing mount. The Energy is a much stouter piece and hold the bar better. Of course, when I put my bar on in 1996, this didn't exist. Time to upgrade my upgrade :angry7:.

I have a set, front and rear, I'd post pics, but the car is 100 miles away from me at the moment. As I recall, the front Addco bar mounts on a angle adapter and only one bolt holds the bushing mount. The Energy is a much stouter piece and hold the bar better. Of course, when I put my bar on in 1996, this didn't exist. Time to upgrade my upgrade :angry7:.

Did you have any clearance issues with the addco sway bar.

dano, your right.

I opened my box and compared the bracket that autoxcuda said to get in Johny darts link (energy suspension), to the one that came with the kit. The energy one looks ALOT stronger and stable.

I have one ordered up.

Did you have any clearance issues with the addco sway bar.

No, No issues. My lower control arms were the sway bay versions, so I reused those mounts. I do remember having to lengthen or shorten the end links to do so. Can't speak for driving impressions, as I've never driven the car with them yet, it's been in a perpetual state or restoration and repair!

Does it clear front mounted disc brake calipers?

Mine does, I have 11.75" rotors so you might have issues with the smaller rotor. But, it is yet to be seen as I haven't driven the car, but they do clear so far and I did check when I installed the front. I built this car back when there were very little to no aftermarket support for any Mopar!

-
Back